Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Can anyone point me in the correct direction on solving this issue with this template.

The mega menu showing behind FrontPage Slide Show module. How can I make the mega menu show on top of any module?

TomC Moderator

In order to best try to assist you, can you please provide the url to the site you are working on . . .
    – as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager—General Settings

magtaf Friend

I will PM my login details since the site is not live. The Optimize CSS is disabled.

we2solutions Friend

Hi Magtaf,

i think you want to change the z-index on the mainmenu in css file.

please check this for get an idea

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_zindex

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Was this issue resolved ???

:confused:

magtaf Friend

Sorry for the delay, I installed 1.7 version and the mega menu does not have a problem, it seem that the issue is with 1.5 version.

TomC Moderator

<em>@magtaf 293810 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry for the delay, I installed 1.7 version and the mega menu does not have a problem, it seem that the issue is with 1.5 version.</blockquote>
    So you’re currently using the 1.7 version – no longer 1.5 version?

In other words . . . problem solved ??

tso2085 Friend

Hello,

I am having this same problem. using JA Community Plus with Joomla 2.5.3 and Joomlaworks Front Page Slide Show in place of JA Slideshow. My mega menu drop downs show behind the FPSS. Joomlaworks suggests putting a wrapper div around the menu. I have tried to do that, but apparently not in the right place. Can you please direct to the code area for this, or provide alternate solution?

Here is the Joomlaworks article:
    http://forum.joomlaworks.gr/welcome-to-the-joomlaworks-community-forum/my-suckerfish-%28or-other%29-menu-expands-behind-flash-objects-or-image-rotators!/

TomC Moderator

Please provide the url of the site you’re working on, as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General settings.

tso2085 Friend

Thank you.

The site is http://whitakerweb.net/hen1

Optimize CSS is off.

TomC Moderator

Look for the following within the css for your Frontpage Slideshow component files

<blockquote>#fpssContainer128.fpss-template-movies {
    border: 1px solid #999999;
    font-family: “Trebuchet MS”,Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,sans-serif;
    height: 260px;
    margin: 8px auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 2px;
    position: relative;
    width: 740px;
    }
    </blockquote>

and add a “z-index: -50; ” property to it.

tso2085 Friend

TomC

Awesome, you were right on! Except I had to use a z-index of 1, as the FPSS stayed behind the solid area of the #ja-slideshow-wrap if I used any number lower.

Below is where I had to fix the FPSS code in case anyone else runs into the issue:

Edit the template.css.php file in the <joomla dir>/modules/mod_fpss/tmpl/Movies/css directory (note that this is the Movies template, there are others under the “tmpl” directory if you are using a different fpss template than Movies)

Look for code as below:

/* --- Slideshow Container --- */
    #fpssContainer<?php echo $mid; ?>.fpss-template-movies {
    position:relative;width:<?php echo $width+$sidebarWidth; ?>px;
    height:<?php echo $height; ?>px;margin:8px auto;border:1px solid #999;
    padding:2px;overflow:hidden;font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; }

Add “z-index: 1” property to this code (after “sans-serif;” , for instance).

NOTE: You may have to play around with the number you choose for z-index. I tried a few different ones from -50 to 1 before finding one that would work.

Thanks again TomC !!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tso2085 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum