Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have been using the Uber (Medicare) template more than one year, but after an update I experienced several problems.
    I was clicking the Extensions/Manage/Discover and I got a VirtueMart install page up on my screen. It was no way to exit this page, except doing an install of VirtueMart. When logging out and in again – the same page appeared every time. I had to do some quick changes on the site, so I manally deleted every(?) directory with VirtueMart. This helped to get back to a working site, but I still have some problems with error messages and components not working or updating correctly. I also had to find and enable the "install from folder, Url and Upload Package File after updating Joomla.

Some of the problems I still find:
    1) Components/Droptables (from JoomUnited) doesn’t work like before – after updating it. I know it’s a third party component, but it seems it can’t change a db file, and it works well on after updates on other sites.
    2) Components/com-easyblog and others dont show correct names in the Components Menu
    3) After updating the Uber Template the slide show on the front page, the images is not showing in full height. I changed this earlier in the Custom.css file, and was told it should not affect a template update.

I can understand if it seems to be several problems, but I hope you can find a thread in my description and hopefully find a solution for me. I have read forums and visited VirtueMart without any luck.

Thanks Jan

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jan,

What you mean by ‘an update’ on your site? you update Joomla or only mentioned extensions + template?

If you update Joomla latest version 3.6.3, pls make sure that these extensions are ready for J!3.6.3 first. FYI, Uber is not tested with J3.6.3 yet.

For the 3rd party extensions, you can check with default Joomla template first (i.e: Protostar / Beez) and see how it goes.

janabak Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jan,

As I can see that your site: http://www.colorkirurgi.no/ is working fine now.

If problem still persists, you can provide the credentials of your site and screenshot highlighting the issue, I will try to check it.

Regards

janabak Friend
    Saguaros Moderator
    janabak Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Could I take a backup of your site and try to update the installer in my local first?

janabak Friend
    Saguaros Moderator
    janabak Friend
    janabak Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I’ve not taken a backup yet, could I install Akeeba into your site?

And this issue happens in your backup site, what you did with the installer plugin? you uninstalled it? as it can’t just disappear on your site.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum