Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi guys.
    Explain to me the principle that works css in your templates?
    I meet the same code in such files ..

/home/murenni/murenni.com.ua/www/templates/ja_cagox/css/template.css
    /home/murenni/murenni.com.ua/www/templates/ja_cagox/css/rtl/template.css
    /home/murenni/murenni.com.ua/www/templates/ja_cagox/local/css/template.css
    /home/murenni/murenni.com.ua/www/templates/ja_cagox/local/css/rtl/template.css

and

/home/murenni/murenni.com.ua/www/t3-assets/css/css-XXXXX.css

What is the difference and what template.css file works on my site?
    And what does it mean function ..less to css.. in the template settings?
    I want to understand the mechanism of this function css in your templates..
    Thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Less files when the development mode is ON
    CSS files will be run when Development mode is ON .
    If CSS compression is OFF then you there is no compression for CSS and u will see them directly
    like template.css

When the CSS compression is ON they will be compressed and run through t3-assets folder that will use to store the cached style and js files .

natali.klochan Friend

Hm…
    For example..
    I want to change.. in template.css this rule – .landing-page .t3-slideshow
    But when I change this rule in template.css, than I can’t see change on the site.
    But when I change this rule in /home/murenni/murenni.com.ua/www/t3-assets/css/css-XXXXX.css file, than I can see changes on the site.
    But after time this rule is change automatically.

In my example.. What files I need change and turn on or turn off CSS compression.. and where I can change CSS compression turn on or off ?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

want to change.. in template.css this rule – .landing-page .t3-slideshow

This is correct change. You have to clean Joomla cash after making the changes assets folder is only for cache.

ether1 Friend

We are having a css problem with one of your templates also. Previously we purchased a quickstart package and every time we duplicate/migrate the website we find that it dynamically generates new css files. Is this some kind of dynamic feature added to make the migration/upgrade process more difficult because this is not standard Joomla Protocol. I mean yes it only generates 3 new css files with the original stylings but it’s still a pain.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @ether1
    I already replied you on your thread here kindly follow the same thread and do not post the same question on multiple places .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum