Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi,

The website is so simple but the story behind the website is so interesting.

McCurry restaurant is one of the local (Malaysia) fast food restaurant. 5 years ago, McDonald took legal against McCurry because of the prefix “Mc”. 5 years later (Monday – 27th April 2009), McCurry won the case against McDonald after appealing. The news became world wide news on 29th and 30th April 2009.

Here is the website, using – http://mccurryrecipe.com

You can try to search McCurry vs McDonald, the news is around the world.

Kindly give some comment as well. 🙂

questbg Friend

Hi sfpkent

The site is great … the story even better!

Taking legal action over ‘Mc’ for goodness sake … give me a McCurry any day 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Can’t say I even heard of a McCurry, never the less your site look really good.
    I like the logo and slideshow.

I don’t like the blinking register to download tag…these things always give me a headache and I end up closing the page.

Good luck with the site and the curry 😉

sfpkent Friend

<em>@mfcphil 126599 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can’t say I even heard of a McCurry, never the less your site look really good.
    I like the logo and slideshow.

I don’t like the blinking register to download tag…these things always give me a headache and I end up closing the page.

Good luck with the site and the curry ;)</blockquote>

You can try search McCurry vs McDonald, this is world news now. within single night, when I check google analytics, the traffic increse from around 100 to around 1000. A lot of them downloading the McCurry Recipe.

The blinking is requested by customers to eye catch the users to register so that we can capture their emails to do email marketing (Actually I don’t like it as well, as you said, make me headache) 🙂

Anyway, thank you very much!

jsliao Friend

heh good job there. a few things to note

1) The slideshow has a typo: “McCurry Restuarant, Servers You Only The Best…

2) The images used sometimes felt a lil ‘out’. Could do with more asians since the business is in Asia? shrug.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Thanks jsliao, I agree what you told me. I will change it. 🙂

Kent

sunrise Friend

Hi there.

This thread is number on on Google!!!

The site looks really good, and the story was quite interesting, so I looked it up o. n google. Guess what? When I type in “mccurry vs mcdonald” the very first link on google, 1 of 220,000, is the very thread I am writing this on. That is quite amazing I think. Talk about beating the comptition to a high google ranking.

safarimark Friend

It is not good, if you give your customers a bonus, or a free gift like an ebook or a video series it will do the same for opt in. Check out my site http://www.markdeldegan.com to see what I mean.

That blinking is just annoying.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. I myself don’t like the blinking, but it is customer to pay me. I have to do what customer needs. 🙂

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Great site, great story!

Love the menu buttons, nice touch.

Question – how have you prevented people from viewing source code? I know of ‘no right click’, but didn’t think you could use it to prevent source code viewing… if that’s what you’ve used where did you put the code?

sfpkent Friend

But I still can view the website source code. I used the same you used “no right click”.

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Yeah so can I …now – can’t help it sometimes! :-[

harsa Friend

congrats on your winning of the case vs Mc Donald.. heheh..

sfpkent Friend

<em>@harsa 132721 wrote:</em><blockquote>congrats on your winning of the case vs Mc Donald.. heheh..</blockquote>

Thank you very much! 🙂

questbg Friend

Update: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8243270.stm

Congratulations sfpkent, your clients site now has a link on the BBC website … very nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  nefar 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum