Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi, I need to remove Masshead title from only one article linked to a main menu (“Optimointi”-menu item). And need to replace it by background image. For some reason masshead extra configuration does nothing. No changes are made eventhough I change the configuration. Pls advice. Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have fixed it directly on your site. Here is the tweak:

Change

[Masshead Itemid="2729" background="images/sampledata/ja_zite/masshead/Optimoi_logo.png"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2730" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2731" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2732" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2733" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2734" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2735" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]

To

[Masshead Itemid="503" background="images/sampledata/ja_zite/masshead/Optimoi_logo.png"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2730" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2731" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2732" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2733" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2734" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]
    [Masshead Itemid="2735" title="" background="mh-1.jpg"]Description[/Masshead]

Itemid is menu item ID from menu of your site.

wisdom114 Friend

I am having trouble changing the background in my Masshead. I studied the user guide carefully, but I still am not able to change it.

This is the page I want to change http://faatih.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=107

And this is configuration conditions I added [Masshead Itemid=107 title=”Home” background=”images/mh-1.jpg”] [/Masshead]

any help please

TomC Moderator

Is the area you are wanting to insert a background image where the “Home” item is?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@wisdom114 440961 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am having trouble changing the background in my Masshead. I studied the user guide carefully, but I still am not able to change it.

This is the page I want to change http://faatih.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=107

And this is configuration conditions I added [Masshead Itemid=107 title=”Home” background=”images/mh-1.jpg”] [/Masshead]
    </blockquote>

To add the background in JA Masshead module, you can try this step:

+ Create the templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php file and add new code below:

<?php
    defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
    ?>
    <div class="ja-masshead" <?php if(isset($masshead['params']['background'])): ?> style="background-image: url(<?php echo $masshead['params']['background'] ?>)" <?php endif; ?>>
    <h3 class="ja-masshead-title"><span><?php echo $masshead['title']; ?></span></h3>
    <div class="ja-masshead-desc"><span><?php echo $masshead['description']; ?></span></div>
    </div>

Let me know if it helps.

wisdom114 Friend

To tell you the truth, I am a newbie to website designing and HTML. I don’t know how to create that file.

I read the user guide for the Masshead module and it was straight forward and made sense. However, I do not know why my configuration commands did not work:

[Masshead Itemid=107 title=”Home” background=”images/mh-1.jpg”] [/Masshead]

TomC Moderator

<em>@wisdom114 441171 wrote:</em><blockquote>To tell you the truth, I am a newbie to website designing and HTML. I don’t know how to create that file.
    </blockquote>

You simply create the new file “default.php” within file path –> templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_jamasshead/

So the final file path will be —> templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php

Then you simply copy and paste the code that Ninja Lead provided above.

🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@wisdom114 441171 wrote:</em><blockquote>To tell you the truth, I am a newbie to website designing and HTML. I don’t know how to create that file.

I read the user guide for the Masshead module and it was straight forward and made sense. However, I do not know why my configuration commands did not work:

[Masshead Itemid=107 title=”Home” background=”images/mh-1.jpg”] [/Masshead]</blockquote>

Please download and extract my attached file and copy it into templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_jamasshead/ folder. If you still face this problem, you can pm me admin login and ftp account of your site. I will help you out.

1. default.zip
    TzuChi Foundation Friend

how/where to change the color at the right & left side of masshead module?

Eragon H Friend

Can you let me know more detail about how do you want to change by:
    1. Screenshot with description of how you want to change
    2. The direct link

It would be easier for me to understand your need and provide a suggestion

TzuChi Foundation Friend

Hi,

Please refer to attachment
    1. demo
    2. quickstart sample data of ja zite

i want to fill in blue color in the red frame part

thanks

1. 2014-11-03_185658
    2. 2014-11-03_185635
    TomC Moderator

<em>@tc_sling 451415 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

1. demo

thanks</blockquote>

Can you provide the url to the page you’re referencing above?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@tc_sling 451415 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

1. demo

thanks</blockquote>

Try this

Open templates/ja_zite/css/template.css file

find and change with my red mark

.ja-masshead {
    background-color: #000 ;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center top;
    height: 160px;
    }

James G Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 441018 wrote:</em><blockquote>To add the background in JA Masshead module, you can try this step:

+ Create the templates/ja_nuevo/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php file and add new code below:

<?php
    defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
    ?>
    <div class="ja-masshead" <?php if(isset($masshead['params']['background'])): ?> style="background-image: url(<?php echo $masshead['params']['background'] ?>)" <?php endif; ?>>
    <h3 class="ja-masshead-title"><span><?php echo $masshead['title']; ?></span></h3>
    <div class="ja-masshead-desc"><span><?php echo $masshead['description']; ?></span></div>
    </div>

Let me know if it helps.</blockquote>

Just a follow up to this. We tried this code and it didn’t work.

What i noticed was in the code you showed you had ja-masshead when in fact on our site at least the class is known as jamasshead (no dash). Removing the dash solved the issue.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me. This solution worked perfectly after some slight alteration to the code you posted, the classes should’ve been ‘jamasshead’ as opposed to ‘ja-masshead’ (at least for me, anyway). Thanks a lot for the help!
    </blockquote>

I just received your replied from ticket system. Have you sorted out it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum