Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I am developing now a site using Brisk.

I use the Masshead module and I noticed the Masshead would not show in Tablet & Mobile layouts.
    After closer look, I discovered that it was not the consequence of some “display: none” code… but that it was simply shown BEHIND the header. Which is not very useful 🙂

Then I had a look at the demonstration of JA Brisk. Exactly same behaviour :
    http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_brisk/contact.html

So so, how do I make the Masshead module simply just *under* the header in Mobile & Tablet layout ?

Txs,

Marc

trungnq Friend

Dear woluweb

Please follow this

1. Go to Administrator –> Extensions –> Template Manage –> Please click “JA Brisk – Default”

2. Please see the Responsive layout tab http://prntscr.com/1bmrn3

You will config this Masshead module for Mobile or Tablet .. layout

woluweb Friend

Hi @quartermainTR,

Txs very much for the suggestion but I am afraid this will not do the trick.

The masshead is indeed perfectly set as visible in Template Manager > Layout, as can be seen on this screenshot :

The thing is, it is positioned *behind* the header (if I set a big-big font size for the text for example, I even can see the end of it appearing under the header).
    The same behaviour can be seen as I mentioned on the demo of JA Brisk :
    http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_brisk/contact.html

I guess some class must be added or deleted, either in PHP files or in Module Class of the Module.
    But I don’t see what and where 🙂

1. 2013-06-25_09h22_18
    trungnq Friend

Hi woluweb

If possible, PM me super admin and FTP account of your site. I need a closer look to check further for you.

woluweb Friend

Txs @quartermainTR for your proposition to help.

As I mentionned, the problem arises even in the “basic” installation of Brisk.
    So here are the access to play & test it (just adjust size of text in masshead & you will see it appear eventually just under the header) :

• Site id: ja-brisk-j311372347866808
    • Site name: ja-brisk-j311372347866808
    • Admin user: admin
    • Admin password: MassHead1
    You can visit your site at: http://ja-brisk-j311372347866808.joomweb.com
    Manage your site at: http://ja-brisk-j311372347866808.joomweb.com/administrator/

Txs,
    Marc

woluweb Friend

Sorry I realise I posted my msg without the last details :
    on the demo site of the template, you can find a Masshead on the “contact” page for example

Just change the title* (via Firebug or alike) from
    <h3 class=”jamasshead-title”>Contact Us</h3>
    to
    <h3 class=”jamasshead-title”>Contact Us Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum</h3>
    and you will see : in mobile version, the end of the masshead starts to appear just under the header

* alternatively, you can of course change the font-size (in the mobile layout)

woluweb Friend

Hi everybody in general, and hi Joomlart in particular !

Almost one month there has been no reaction on this thread.
    Still I need to get this solved now 🙂

So, why this “bug” ?
    Why is the masshead “hiding” behind the header in smartphone view ?
    (it is indeed “displaid”, but you can’t see it because of a bad positioning or something. Just make the test by typing a verrry long text in the masshead : you will see the end of that text displaid under the header).

Txs in advance for your help !

Marc

woluweb Friend

More than three months and the masshead still does not display correctly on JA Brisk (not even on the Demo version on Joomlart website…).

So please can somebody of Joomlart or some other smart guy out there give the trick to correct this bug (most probably some LESS or CSS file badly written).

Txs a lot in advance !

Marc

phong nam Friend

Hi Marc,

We are sorry for being late on this case. This is a bug of Masshead title on JA Beranis when viewing on mobile landscape and table view. You can solve this issue by putting below css styles into the end of templates/ja_beranis/less/styles.less file:

//Adjust the masshead title on mobile landscape and tablet view

@media (min-width:480px ) and (max-width: 768px) {
    .ja-masshead {
    margin-top: 90px;
    h3 {
    padding: 20px;
    }
    }

.container {
    &.ja-mainbody {
    margin-top: 0;
    }
    }
    }

Then Compile Less to Css in Template Manager, but make sure that you do backup your modifications in .css files.

woluweb Friend

Txs Leo !
    My template was JA Brisk, not JA Beranis.
    And putting the code into “style.less” did not correct the behaviour of the Masshead.

But still I thank you very much 🙂 because you put me on the right way :
    maybe the reason is that I use a Theme. Let’s name it “mytheme”.

Actually, putting your code into templates/ja_brisk/less/themes/mytheme/template-responsive.less did already improve the behaviour.

Still there was some display problem (size of font, …).
    So I took what was under “.ja-masshead” in my template.less file and merged it with your code.

With other words, putting this did the trick :

@media (min-width:480px ) and (max-width: 768px) {
    .ja-masshead {
    margin-top: 90px;
    h3 {
    padding: 20px;
    // taken from template.less
    // begin
    color: @white;
    font-family: 'robotobold';
    font-size: ( @BaseFontSize + 7 );
    font-size: normal;
    padding: @BaseLineHeight/4 0;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 darken @BaseColor, 10%);
    // end
    }
    }

Now, would you please ask the developers to correct the LESS files directly in JA Brisk so that people don’t have to play with these manual corrections ?
    (just see the demo on Joomlart’s website : same problem arises. So it is a problem for every single one)

phong nam Friend

Hi Marc,

Sure. I will remind our devs to include these LESS in next update of JA Brisk.

woluweb Friend

IN the meantime, has been solved with latest updates of T3 & Template 🙂
    txs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  woluweb 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum