Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can I ask what the thinking is behind non responsive plugins on a responsive template? The Google maps plugin looks great on a desktop, awful on a mobile. It totally breaks the template. Is there anything that can be done to improve the situation?

Regards
    Dave

Adam M Moderator

Hi Dave,

Actually, the Google maps is responsive and it should look fine in both desktop and mobile instead.

Could you please provide your site url and let me know which browser are you using so I can investigate the problem for you ?

applestone Friend

Sorry for the late reply, ended up in hospital for a week!!

The URL is http://www.escapeartiststravel.co.uk. It seems to be the same on all browsers.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Regards
    Dave

Adam M Moderator

Hi Dave,

If you’re talking about the location description box, I’m afraid that we cannot change this part since it’s inside an iframe and totally controlled by Google Maps style.

applestone Friend

Thanks for the reply but I can’t see the value of this plugin. If the details box is non responsive then it doesn’t really matter if the plugin and template are fully responsive, Unless I am missing something, this is entirely pointless if you are designing for mobile. Back to the drawing board it seems!!

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

At the moment, Google Maps elements can not be styled as there’s no way to modify elements inside an iframe. I passed this matter to our development team to see if we can implement another way (or workaround) for this matter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum