Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,
    this topic is going to be long but I hope you can make my mind clear about T3!

So…I try to edit and develope T3-Blank to an own customize-theme.

I edit the CSS files of Template (T3-Blank > Css > Template.css) and
    Megamenu (T3-Blank > Css > Menu > mega.css).

After a while I realized that a few codes were missing in the Css and they were only available in the Css – Files of JaT3-Plugin.

So I edit the CSS files of Template and Megamenu in the JaT3-Folder too
    (/plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/css > template.css and menu > mega.css).

Now the seperate Css files in T3-Blank and JaT3 are working very well together.

Now…the problem: If I update the JaT3-Plugin, I would losing my edited Css.Files!
    So…What I have to do? Yes….I have to go using the Overwrite-Abilities of T3 in the Core/Local folders of T3-Blank.

I copy and paste the needed Css Files from JaT3 in the Core-Folder.
    And it works…
    but: The Css-Data in the CSS-Folder (T3-Blank > Css) of T3-Blank are ignored now. So I thought: ‘OK’! Copy the entire Codes of Template.css and megamenu.css (from T3-Blank > Css) into the Css-Data from Core.

Now it works how it sould to work but I feel that this way is unprofessionell by me.
    Is it possible to solve the problem in another way?

I want to use the Css-files from Core + the Css-files from Css.

Also…what is the different between Core and Local?

denis25 Friend
    xiondesigns Friend

Which steps should i take to create a custom theme that overrides the whole plugin?.

Because with the default theme, i still have some CSS loading from the plugin and other from the THEME and some other from the template/css/…

So i have a mess of css file-..

farhady Friend

<em>@xiondesigns 190530 wrote:</em><blockquote>Which steps should i take to create a custom theme that overrides the whole plugin?.

Because with the default theme, i still have some CSS loading from the plugin and other from the THEME and some other from the template/css/…

So i have a mess of css file-..</blockquote>

I know very well what you are talking about.
    I have the same issue which you can read it in the first post of this thread.

I edit both. The plugin and the default but its a bad idea if you are upgrading the plugin.

One solution is: You make a theme in the Core-folder and copy the css-data + menu-folder from default into it.
    Then you can copy and paste the hole codes of plugin into the css-data of your template in the core.

I hope you can follow me what I try to explain.

smitheringale Friend

Is there any possibility that you might include a screen shot with these posts – for the green, purple etc. themes – just so people know what it looks like before deciding whether they want to download?

<em>@denis25 190090 wrote:</em><blockquote>http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/FAQs

Core is Core and local is where you can install other themes
    for example :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/i-give-you-a-green-theme/
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/i-give-you-a-purple-theme/
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/i-give-you-an-orange-theme/</blockquote>

denis25 Friend

xiondesigns Friend

Could you explain that a bit better?, i dont finish to understand what should i copy where

Thanks 😉

denis25 Friend
    woomaa Friend

<em>@xiondesigns 190530 wrote:</em><blockquote>Which steps should i take to create a custom theme that overrides the whole plugin?.

So i have a mess of css file-..</blockquote>

You can override everything that is in plugin’s “base-themes/default” folder. Copy everything into your template “local/themes/Your_theme” directory and edit as you wish… 😉

farhady Friend

And what about Mobile/Iphone Templates?

Always if I try to visit sites which is made by Blank-Theme & T3, my Mobile loads the desktop version of the Blank-Theme.
    I already set all necessary options up in the backend to have Iphone-Theme Version or Mobile-Version but it doesn’t work.

I think the T3-Plugin or Blank-Theme can’t detect Mobile or Iphone. Maybe a bug?
    Or I do it wrong?

So how can I solve this issue?

xiondesigns Friend

<em>@farhady 193088 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I think the T3-Plugin or Blank-Theme can’t detect Mobile or Iphone. Maybe a bug?
    Or I do it wrong?

So how can I solve this issue?</blockquote>

Test it with “Default User Agent”, its an extension for firefox. After you install it, click on the icon and select for example “iPhone 3.0” and after visit any template like: http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_social/

You will see the Mobile version.

Bye 😀

farhady Friend

Hi guy,

your tip is awesome, thanks!
    Now I try it and what can I see? Yes, the IPhone-Version! 🙂

But what about Mobile like Ericsson or Samsung?!
    Is there a Mobile-Agent for this extension?

farhady Friend

Hello guys,

In the IPhone-Version of Blank-Theme there is a Login-Button in the right-top-corner.
    How to publish a Login-Module there?

Also I have a content in the frontpage.
    But I want to show another content if the IPhone/Mobile-Version of the Blank-Theme turns on.
    Can you explain how do I do that?

bogdann77 Friend

Maybe it’s a bug?!

soluvente Friend

<em>@farhady 193488 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello guys,

In the IPhone-Version of Blank-Theme there is a Login-Button in the right-top-corner.</blockquote>

Menu are managed here:
    /plugins/system/jat3/core/menu

Whitout breaking the core code,
    my choice will be to play with a new menu in a new position, and to affect this new position to the iphone layout
    perhaps some smarter solutions exist, I’m very interested too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  soluvente 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum