Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Afternoon Hung (& all at Joomlart!)

I am using JA Sargas on a recently completed site and have had a request from the client to try to make the article headers clickable links to the full article.

Not sure if that makes sense?
    I have a front page article with 3 lines of intro text, and the main body of the article accesible to the reader when they click the “Read More” link. That’s working fine. But the client wants to be able click directly on the headline of the article and go straight to the main article from there.

In your JA-Sargas Demo, it would be the same as a user clicking on the “JA Sargas – Elegant and artistic Joomla” article headline and going straight to the full article.

I see it working on the JA-Sargas Xmas Demo like this, but not in the standard Sargas Demo. What is the difference between the two? Is this a SIFR related thing? If so, is it possible to disable SiFR for certain site elements?

Thanks & regards from sunny South Africa
    Greg

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Greg,
    Click on the acticle title is enabled in the administrator panel, not in the template. Both of our demo sites are title clickable.

itguy Friend

In the back end administrator… Site menu – Global Configuration – Content tab – first choice “Linked Titles” choose Yes. Or you can enable it individually for different sections from the Menu item options.

mrgpill Friend

Thanks for the replies guys – much appreciated.
    BUT…. (isn’t there always one?!) 😉

The “Linked Titles” options in the Global Config, and the individual Menu > Category settings are the first places I checked that the options were turned on. I have rechecked both, and they are both set to “Yes” and “Show” as appropriate. Always were.

I have had a careful look at the site frontpage as it loads, and noticed that the content appears a few moments before the article headline renders and displays. The space in which the header will display is indeed a clickable link to the main article while the header is not there. As soon as the headeline does display, the space is not longer clickable??? Spooky stuff.

I’ve noticed a vaguely similar thing happening on tabs in the Community Builder user profile section. The tab name renders using the SiFR font, and is “unclickable” except on the very edges of it?

It is the most weird thing. I’m seeing the same thing in both IE7 and FF2.0

If you’d like to check it out – here’s the site: http://www.my-ihs.com/index.php
    Use [username] JATest & [password] jatest to access the site.
    The CB tabs issue can be seen in “My Profile > Connections > Manage Your Connections”
    If you do visit, please note that this is a live client site

Thanks again
    Greg

mrgpill Friend

Okay, nevermind me!

I thought I’d go have a check on the mos_sifr mambot settings. Just reset the font option, re-saved the mambot, and all the weirdness went away!

Very odd, but I am not one to question the answers, so we’re all good to go!

Happy holidays to all at Joomlart!
    Greg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mrgpill 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum