Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’ve downloaded Yoo_drawer from the yootheme site but there’s no way to make it work with this template. I’ve tried with the ja purity template and it works perfectly so it has to be a problem with Bellatrix.

I’ve also followed the tutorial on the yootheme site on how to integrate mootools with the template but figured out that Bellatrix is yet using mootols so I’m asking for some help to figure it out why yoo_drawer is not working with Bellatrix.

andreamarucci Friend

Eventually do you think it’s possible to obtain the same effect using the embedded motools without using an external module? This is the response the guys over at Yootheme gave me

Have you consulted Joomlarts forum? As a paying member you should be able to submit a support ticket with them and they say they will go in and look.
    I found this thread in there forum. It deals with an image problem, so at least look at it, maybe some code mod like this is needed (although it is different from your exact problem):
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/no-images-in-flowlist/

scotty Friend

Do you have a live URL?

Have you tried switching back to the default template to see if it is actually an issue with JA Bellatrix?

andreamarucci Friend

As I’ve said in another post, the issue is with bellatrix since I’ve switched back on the std ja purity template and everything works without problems.

live test site is at http://test.shift.it/jom15

thanks

scotty Friend

To which position do you have the module applied? and what content have you placed in the module?
    Can you PM me an admin account and I’ll take a look myself?

andreamarucci Friend

I’ve the module at the right at the top position and I’ve inserted in the module two jpg. Check your PM with the account details… thank you…

scotty Friend

Hi, the admin account you sent does not work.

On your site the script is …

<script type="text/javascript">
    // <!--
    window.addEvent('domready', function(){ new YOOdrawer('yoo-drawer-1', '#yoo-drawer-1 .item', { layout: 'vertical', shiftSize: 220 }); });
    // -->
    </script>

On Yootheme demo site the script is…

<script type="text/javascript">
    // <!--
    new YOOdrawer('yoo-drawer-1', '#yoo-drawer-1 .item', { layout: 'vertical', shiftSize: 120 });
    // -->
    </script>

The window.addEvent is part of MooTools and if I remove it (using firebug) your module works.

I have tried the Yoo Drawer demo site and the script on that includes the window.addEvent. I do not know enough about MooTools or javascript to know why it is working on one and not the other. I presume it is because the Mootools on Bellatrix is outdated but you should be able to install a newer version.

andreamarucci Friend

Thanks scotty. I’ll try your suggestion. I’ve fixed the admin login so if you want to try there are no problems… thanks again

andreamarucci Friend

You’re the man Scotty. I’ve modified the code as you suggested and now the modeule works. i’ll do some more try tomorrow but at least it animate. i’ve noticed that the code you suggested to modify is inside a yoo_drawer file (mod_yoo_drawer.php) so may be it’s not a bellatrix problem but a bellatrix problem due to this piece of code.

Thank you very very much. I’ll let you know something more tomorrow…

scotty Friend

Happy to help.

I don’t really know too much about MooTools. And as I said, I looked at two YOO sites with the module. One had the addEvent and one didn’t but they both worked so I presume it was different versions of mooTools and Bellatrix used the version without.

andreamarucci Friend

Thanks again. Just as an info, do you know where is the mootools in bellatrix so that I can eventually upgrade it to a newer version? Or maybe mootools is inside the standard joomla installation?

scotty Friend

yep it’s in your_joomla_dir/media/system/js

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum