Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I love the play icon that appears over the intro image when you set an article layout as “video” but I don’t like the layout itself. How can I make the video layout look just like the text layout but preserving the play icon on the intro image?

Thank you!

Erick

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi ,
    Do you want to open a video article just like a normal text type article ?
    or there are also some more layout customization?
    Please add a screenshot of video article type that you want.
    i will help you to customize it

erickpaulino Friend

Hello!

<em>@pankajsharma 439103 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ,
    Do you want to open a video article just like a normal text type article ? </blockquote>

Yes!

<blockquote> or there are also some more layout customization?</blockquote>

No more customization!

I just want to keep the player icon that appears over the article intro image (on category articles blog, related articles etc), like in the image below:

Thank you!

1. caolimao
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi … i am forwarding it to development team , to review on it, if its easily possible to edit some files , without any big customization we will happily give you solution. Please bear with us

erickpaulino Friend

Thank you!

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me URL and admin login info of your site and tell me the page you’re trying to customize. I’d like to know how you configure so that I will try to reproduce on my end and see if that can be done or not.

erickpaulino Friend

Hello,

After a looong time, I have finally PM with the details. I have tried to do it by myself using custom.css and changing some of the php files (I have backed up the original files) but it didn’t work.

Thank you,

Erick

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Erick,

As I understand that you want to keep article with type of ‘Video’ still have play icon in category blog, related articles view, … but in details page of that article, you don’t want to keep current layout, right?

In this directory: templatesja_magzhtmlcom_contentarticle, PHP file here will control how details page of each article type will look like in frontend. If you want the video article looks the same with text article, just open file: ‘default_text.php’ and copy all its content and replace for content in this file ‘default_video.php’

erickpaulino Friend

Hello,

This is exactly what I have tried to do. I renamed the ‘default_video.php’ to ‘default_video.BKP’ and then created a copy of ‘default_text.php’ and renamed it to ‘default_video.php’.

BUT… I had a lot of CSS problems (black background, messed related items, messy titles and so on). So I believe there is something else I should do.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Erick

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Erick,

Of course, you will need to add additional style for it, at this moment it still inherits the style from layout.

You can make change easily by using Google chrome inspect element or Firebug for Firefox. What I usually do is set Compress CSS in Template manager to No, then hover on any element (text, background, ….) you want and right click on it and then click on inspect element, it will show you which CSS class it is using and which CSS file and the path to this element on the right side. then you can go to the file and replace it with new CSS you change.

Best

erickpaulino Friend

Hello Saguaros,

Your tip has been very useful for many small changes I wanted to perform on the site. But for this specific case, there are just too many configuration to do, and the page has a complex concatenation of styles that is really beyond my skills.

Is there any way to make the video page inherit all the text page CSS styling without having to go to each class? It is all set up in the text page, I just wanted to transfer it to the video page too. Please see this two links. The first one is the text page, and the second one is the video page. I just want to make the second looks just like the first (titles, breadcrumbs, recent and most read ja tabs etc).

Text page:
    https://www.docelimao.com.br/site/meditacao-reflexao-e-respiracao/166-meditacao-do-coracao.html

Video page:
    http://www.docelimao.com.br/site/livros/e-se-nao-houver-alimento-cartilha-irdin.html

Thank you again,

Erick

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Erick,

Could you illustrate the modification you expect via screesnshot? as I can see that these 2 pages all look the same

erickpaulino Friend

Hello,

If you look closer you’ll see that there are some problems. I reproduce them below:

Head:

Page 1 (text):

Page 2 (video):

See next post for the rest (I can only attach 5 files per post)

1. head1
    2. head2
    3. jatabs1
    4. jatabs21
    5. jatabs2
    erickpaulino Friend

JA Tabs

Page 1 (text):
    tab1:
    tab2:

Page 2 (video)
    tab1:
    tab2:

Besides that, there is one major problem that is the following: I use JComments for every page, but it is set to only appears for registered users.

For some reason, it does not show up under Video articles — only for text articles. I don’t know if this is only CSS problem, or if something else. It is displayed right after the article text, before the related articles.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thank you,

Erick

1. jatabs1
    2. jatabs21
    3. jatabs2
    4. jatabs22
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Erick,

For the article title, you can open this file: templatesja_magzhtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php and move the code which renders the article title to above the one for article info. (I attached the file so that you can see the difference).

With the tab, actually, all above change is for the content of article and it doesn’t effect the content of tabs there. You should check again the settins of modules display in ja_tabs position

BTW, it’s time to learning a bit about CSS, PHP code. It’s easier for your custom work and when you can do it by yourself, it would be more fun!

1. default.zip
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum