Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

hmm… everybody in the holiday’s…

siona Friend

i agree.i know css and joomla pretty well still cant make that ja news work as in the demo both antares and zibal. after heavy customisation maybe. u have to add to other templates index.php the module position. that implies you have to also know php lol.
    i could have saved me some time and instead of spending money here just get a free one, ajax moofx tools and do it with a programmer.
    PLz have some regard towards the clients that spend money and
    make a list of the modules used in the demo. components also and plugins.
    for example not sure how it works with virtuemart and since all other components are table based and some of ure layouts tableless are we restricted to use what components with ja news?
    ja header module for example you should precise people should not opt to have images showing that overlaps the header div.
    the news one with css -blue,-green etc doesn’t work have to rewrite the css
    i get extra news items,links in the ja header and not sure where to customise it to have just 1 column with 1 news item (other than the module itself)
    i placed ja_news module under top module location in antares and it is all breaking the page
    thats where i want to place it, and is normal to place a module in any position you want and to be able to modify the parametres (how many items to display how is the suffix etc ) from the module itself not the index.php pages nor the template.css

author20 Friend

This is a warning to any potential victims. The templates are NOT as shown, the modules do not have documentation (ja-news), and no matter how much time I put in, it isn’t operating consistently.

JoomlaRt must be a foreign business, possibly in Germany. Or England or Asia. I have seen a lack of ethics on the part of many non-US software companies, and it looks like JoomlArt is attempting to pollute and destroy the Joomla community. As a super-fan of Joomla, I want to call for a complete 100% boycott of JoomlaRT, and I am passing this message to all providers, partners, media, forums and blogs. This is not a suggestion, a warning or a shakedown. JoomlaRT needs to go down. Permanent.

I only saw one (1) template that I liked, and even this one won’t install properly. That is, I guess I haven’t put in ten thousand hours that the so-called, “expert” suggests that we need to spend before we have the right to enjoy the so-called template (that was supposed to be completely identical to the one shown).

I think I will be forced to call my credit card company, and cancel.

When you are ripped off (bait and switch is against both federal and state law in the US), Mastercard and Visa will refund your account if you show how it was mis-represented.

That means, virtually ALL of Joomla Art customers are entitled to a refund.

For the psycho-dweebs who suggest that if you spend dozens of hours “learning” Joomla, you should remember how many people

Michael Casha Friend

author20: I am deeply upset that you are unhappy with the services we provide, however I do have a few things I’d like to mention and ask you.

Firstly, I would like to point out that you have every right to post your opinion, and contrary to some people’s belief we don’t go deleting such posts.

That out of the way, I’d like to ask you if you ever asked us for help? We have this forum (which you are obviously well aware of) where myself and many other members and staff members hang out to assist the community as much as we can. However, I notice you only have 1 post… how can we help you if you don’t actually ask for it?

I’d also like to mention that it is very very hard to get a joomla product out there to look exactly the same on any one Joomla site. Basically it’s impossible however we have tried our best to have such a service, hence the reason why we now distribute quick start copies which is the exact same system we have setup on our demo sites.

Now, if you had of posted your concerns here I myself and I’m sure many of the other’s here would be here helping you a lot, we go out of our way to help you and make sure you’re happy with the product and you’re not having trouble setting it up. Heck, there’s been people that aren’t customers asking for help and you know what? We do help them.

Now, if you have any more questions or comments you are more than welcome to send me a PM or email at webmaster <at> miccas.net and I’d be more than happy to address your concerns.

swemmel Friend

Hi Author20,

As MICCAS already mentioned, when someone ask for help here, the members of the community and the staff of JoomlArt will help you if they can. So, if you never asked for help, you have no right to complain. (I believe insulting people falsely is also forbidden in the USA).
    All the templates from JoomlArt work correctly. And, of course, you will have on your site not the same content as on the demo-site. Since last 2 templates, JA gives also the possibility to download a complete website install, including the content as seen in the demo’s.
    Another thing that can be a “problem” is that, when JA integrated some modules in the template, in the module-positions, wich JA use in the demo and instructions, of your live-website there are already other modules installed.

So I only can advise you RTFM and ask for help if you need some and we are glad to help you out with your problems.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

ShannonN Friend

@ author20
    Hi there,
    Welcome to the JA forums, My name is Shannon and I am one of the support ppl here who give our time to assist ppl having difficulties. I can understand your frustration, I too in the early days really got upset that I paid for a template and when i tried it didn’t look at all like the demo site, I got pissed off and flapped my gums and stood n my soapbox etc.

But after cooling down, reading a few posts in answer like the ones above I realise that the demo is prepared by creating modules placement etc . it was my lack of JOOMLA knowledge that was frustrating me.

As we have explained the last two modules come as a clean install to set up as per the demo, its not possible to do this retrospectively, just a time based limitation.

So I now ask you to calm down, and talk to us about which template you want to use, give us a hand to help you by telling us your Joomla experience, if you are new to Joomla we can provide links to great tutorials that will streamline the process for you as well as let us achieve an understanding of where you are yourself.

I’ll do the best I can to help you, but if you are going to criticize us, call us names, slag off things cause you can’t do anything with a template then JA will quite happily say sorry we couldn’t assist you today.

The choice is up to you, I slagged off JA at first, I calmed down, I started helping, and today I’m a very respected member of a community, I’d really hope the same can happen to you over the next few months
    Regards
    ShannonN

scottross1957 Friend

I’m new here. It seems as though almost a year from the first post in this thread, the module placement differences between the demo and the actual template have not changed. I too purchased the template (in my case, Bellatrix) based on where things were in the demo.

I came to the forum to find out how to reproduce the different layout options highlighted in the demo and got to this thread. Very disappointing.

jaway Friend

I can relate to what Shannon is saying. One of the main reasons for individuals and companies using a CMS system instead of hand coding all the HTML is that CMS should bring some simplicity and do away with redundant and repetitive tasks. If you buy a template you do so because you most likely don’t have the time or will to play around with coding one on your own.

I also appreciate the fact that there is plenty to Joomla/Mambo that one must learn as an admin – but perhaps it would be easier for people to start with what they expect and then play around to modify the look and feel of a template.

burnedcustomer Friend

I just wanted to reply to your post on my thread. I re-registered because the moderators canceled my previous user-id.

They will argue with you for 100 years, and spend thousands of hours rationalizing and excusing what is no more than psychosis — instead of just having a quick-start installation package with db included, they will berate new members and call them “stupid” or “unskilled” or “arrogant American…” instead of just making the templates work. You think I am joking. Template club industry seems to be 99% corrupt and lazy.

I think that RocketTheme, Joomlart, and Gavick all produce good templates, but I would encourage people to boycott these clubs until their quality is there, and until they get their customer service policy in line with the rest of the free world.

burnedcustomer Friend

Wouldn’t it be easier to just have Joomlart provide a quick-start package so that paying members get the template working quickly when they are not able to spend a lot of time hating America for being more successful than Europe and pondering Euro-communism?

Joomart owner and moderators do not seem to be rational, thinking human beings — they seem to be arrogant, hostile and ignorant people who would much rather berate their new members than simply offer the templates as they are presented.

Avoid these sites: Joomlart, Rocket Theme and Gavick. They are stink.

aled mann Friend

Guys, take a leaf out of RocketThemes book and provide the public with what they want. For Gods sakes you are trying to run a business!

I guarantee you that you are losing custom to RocketTheme simply because they provide a quick-start package that replicates their demos. I felt so strongly about this I had to register just to tell you to!

It’s been over a year now and you’re still fighting your corner. It’s ridiculous not to mention completely missleading!

PLEASE listen to us. :confused::((

mj1256 Friend

first of all you are replying to an old post that has been solved

<blockquote>Wouldn’t it be easier to just have Joomlart provide a quick-start packag</blockquote>
    they did this and provide quickstarts that do work

they now provide email support

what is the next step, build the site for you

bennitos Friend

<em>@aled mann 90320 wrote:</em><blockquote>Guys, take a leaf out of RocketThemes book and provide the public with what they want. For Gods sakes you are trying to run a business!

I guarantee you that you are losing custom to RocketTheme simply because they provide a quick-start package that replicates their demos. I felt so strongly about this I had to register just to tell you to!

It’s been over a year now and you’re still fighting your corner. It’s ridiculous not to mention completely missleading!

PLEASE listen to us. :confused::((</blockquote>

PLEASE read properly what they are exactly offering. like mj1256 said they are offering a quickstart package since a long time. And it works perfectly.

mfcphil Friend

As JoomlArt do provide a very useable Quickstart package that sets up the same as the demo as MJ and Bennitos said, I see no point in keeping this post open as Un-licenced members are getting confused as to what is available..

To finish this thread.

JA does provide Quickstart with all its new templates.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum