Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

How to set the slideshow such that when a category, from product categories is selected, it does not show. This is the case in demo site.

In my case, even if category is selected, slideshow is still displayed, which I don’t want it to show.

Any help will be appreciated.

nefar Friend

Extension Manager => Module Manger => mod_jaslideshow

Menu Assignment section (bottom left of screen)

Choose where you would like the slider to be seen.

sfern Friend

An even better option would be to use the MetaMod module. Then you could select precisely which pages within VirtueMart you want the featured prod. module to show up on (or not), like the cart pages, checkout, flypages, etc. Do a search on the Joomla extensions site for metamod. There have been some posts on the JA forums about it also. It’s a little hard to get used to the coding, but once you figure it out it works sweet 🙂

hoshang Friend

Thanks for replay.

I have yet to try the second method that has been suggested. But, for nefar’s solution, I don’t have those options – bottom left or screen – under menu assignment.

Am I missing something there?

Thanks.

nefar Friend

If you don’t see menu assignment yea, I would say something is wrong lol.

hoshang Friend

I do see menu assignment. But there are no options such as “bottom left” and “screen”.
    I have options like, Example pages, main menu, other menu etc. But not those that you mentioned.

Thanks.

nefar Friend

(bottom left of screen) refers to where you will see menu assignment not an option in menu assignment.

visiontm Friend

I am having the same issues above, except I have my module to only display on the homepage. But yet every time a product category is selected the slideshow section is still visible. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?:confused:

Saguaros Moderator

Hello all

no the solution to fix the issue if you only make change in the configuration.
    You must to customize how to display the module, i give u my solution

1) with ja demo, the sildeshow module was installed on the vm-lp position, now open the file “templates/ja_mesolite/index.php” , you try to find a section code at line 156 => 162:

[PHP]
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘vm-lp’)) : ?>
    <!– BEGIN: LATEST PRODUCTS –>
    <div id=”ja-topsl2″>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”vm-lp” style=”xhtml” />
    </div>
    <!– END: LATEST PRODUCTS –>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]
    replace:
    [PHP]
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘vm-lp’)) : ?>
    <!– BEGIN: LATEST PRODUCTS –>
    <div id=”ja-topsl2″>
    <?php if( JRequest::getVar(‘page’) && JRequest::getVar(‘category_id’) && JRequest::getVar(‘product_id’) <= 0 ): else : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”vm-lp” style=”xhtml” />
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    <!– END: LATEST PRODUCTS –>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

visiontm Friend

tienhc Thank you very much for your post with the solution. I tried it out and it did indeed remove it from the products categories. :D. It still displays within the product flypages but I am going to play with your coding a tiny bit and see if I can fix it for myself. Well let you guys know what I find.

Saguaros Moderator

you only remove [PHP] && JRequest::getVar(‘product_id’) <= 0 [/PHP] in the if condition

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum