Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Utahia is a great looking template, but i wish to make the left column (where the left + right postions are) make smaller. There is a lot of “white” space at the left and right of my menu items.
    Is this possible and can anyone tell me what i have to change?
    I tried a lot of settings in the css file, but couldn’t find a solution.

Thanks.

grazman Friend

I see the same problem. The formatting area for text in the main area is horrible with this template. The typical site looks good, but I also have the same problem with white space. After looking through the PSD’s I found the CSS might not actually control the margins (it might be in the index.php), but I also noticed this template author is VERY big on graphics, and the left side graphic image is 500px wide, so no wonder there is so much white space.

I’d enjoy seeing this template withoutout all the transparencies and images where a flat color could be used, making it easier for people like me witno desire for hours of graphics editing to make it match our needs for colors and logos.

I’m not knocking the template or the author, it’s VERY nice with cool features. Just when these things are heavy on the graphics makes for a lesser adopted template IMHO.

Hung Dinh Friend

in template_css.css, you can find all the 25% css value to replace with smaller number and find 74.5% and 74% and increase to a higher number accordingly.
    Belows are the found stylessheet

#ja-topsl {
    clear: both;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    background: url(../images/topsl-bg.gif) repeat-x 25% 0% #51BFD9;
    padding: 0;
    position: relative;
    }

#ja-topsl-left {
    width: 25%;
    float: left;
    }

}

#ja-container {
    background: url(../images/container-bg.gif) repeat-x 25% 0% #FFFFFF;
    }

#ja-mainnav {
    background: url(../images/mainnav-bg.gif) no-repeat 25% 0% #16A9CD;
    }

#ja-leftcol {template_css.css (line 1188)
    float:left;
    padding-top:20px;
    width:25%;
    }

#ja-mainnav {
    background: url(../images/mainnav-bg.gif) no-repeat 25% 0% #16A9CD;
    }

#ja-mainnav-right {
    width: 74%;
    padding-left: 2px;
    }

#ja-mainnav-left {
    width: 25%;
    }

#ja-mainbody #ja-contentwrap {
    float: right;
    width: 74.5%;
    }

davib Friend

Thankyou for posting this….Ive tried to do it but I have a small issue with the images. When you change the css here
    #ja-container {
    background: url(../images/container-bg.gif) repeat-x 25% 0% #FFFFFF;
    }
    say from 25% to 20% the image moves further to the right …..Ive looked at the image and cant work out why thats happening… Same thing happens in topsl

ja-topsl {
    clear: both;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    background: url(../images/topsl-bg.gif) repeat-x 25% 0% #51BFD9;
    padding: 0;
    position: relative;
    }

If you change the horizontal from 25% to 20% you would expect the image to shift left but it doesnt.

Anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  davib 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum