Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I dont load any description in my slideshow2, so my content in slideshow isnt linkable.

Is it possible to make the image linkable ? the big image on left?

Thanks

Anonymous Moderator
    makzed Friend

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but for some reason I cant access that page?

makzed, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

makzed Friend

Sir, can I please have this answer? I have been waiting for days now, my client deadline has passed way ago.

I really need this thing to work, I tried everything, just impossible for me.

I thunk its due to the mask layer, which seem to be above the image, and also the link being generated late in the php file, and the image code occurs before the link is generated in the file.

Please help me out here, guys 🙁

histeriks Friend

<em>@makzed 164579 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I dont load any description in my slideshow2, so my content in slideshow isnt linkable.

Is it possible to make the image linkable ? the big image on left?

Thanks</blockquote>

Hi makzed,

Open your module configuration, and in the “Description for each item” field enter values like this:

<blockquote>IMAGE1.jpg” url=”YOUR_FIRST_LINK“]

IMAGE2.jpg” url=”YOUR_SECOND_LINK“]
    </blockquote>

This should link the images to the links you provide. 🙂

makzed Friend

But that would require manual change everytime.

The point of using this module is to make it automaticly, by just creating artcile in giving category, and it will automaticly show in slideshow.

with ur suggestion, I would have to:
    1. create article
    2. upload image
    3. save article
    4. copy img url
    4.1 find out the url for that article
    5. open module
    6. paste in url, and paste in the url for the article

and this would have to be done everytime i create or change the slideshow items.

Thats very trouble.

All I would need, is to use the generate link-line in php file, to be used as a a-href to the image block.. Can you tell me where to place that ?

farajrifai Friend

<em>@makzed 164993 wrote:</em><blockquote>But that would require manual change everytime.

The point of using this module is to make it automaticly, by just creating artcile in giving category, and it will automaticly show in slideshow.

with ur suggestion, I would have to:
    1. create article
    2. upload image
    3. save article
    4. copy img url
    4.1 find out the url for that article
    5. open module
    6. paste in url, and paste in the url for the article

and this would have to be done everytime i create or change the slideshow items.

Thats very trouble.

All I would need, is to use the generate link-line in php file, to be used as a a-href to the image block.. Can you tell me where to place that ?</blockquote>

I agree with you, I have the same problem with readmore is not linkable. it links the url of website and not the article !!! Strange; no ? That is my exemple Please Help…

makzed Friend

This line is found in default_articles.php file inside tmpl folder:

<a <?php echo $target; ?> href="<?php echo $row->link; ?>">

this is wrapping around following code, which is the description box:

<span><?php echo $helper->trimString( $item->title, $titleMaxChars );?></span>

What we need is to use the href line to wrap around the section which is showing the big image in the slideshow.

Now searching for “img” in default_articles.php , will not give u any result, which is my main problem.

I dont know where to place that line of code, in order to make the big image linkable in the slideshow.

makzed Friend

Update:

Ok I managed to make the image linkable, however, its not the correct link.

in default_articles.php ive made following in the first lines:

<?php echo $helper->renderImage ($item->title, $item->mainImage, $params, $mainWidth, $mainHeight );?>

<a <?php echo $target; ?> href="<?php echo $row->link; ?>">
    <div class="ja-slide-mask">
    </div>
    </a>

But this make the images link to the frontpage and not the articles.

Maybe this above just need a small change in the code?

Hope admin can help us here.

farajrifai Friend

<em>@makzed 165033 wrote:</em><blockquote>Update:

But this make the images link to the frontpage and not the articles.

Maybe this above just need a small change in the code?

Hope admin can help us here.</blockquote>

Exactly, that is the heart of the problem

huski Friend

Has this been resolved yet – has anyone found a way?

I have my show set up and its working fine using the images only mode. The images are linking through to where I want them to go ok. In fact this is my workaround to connect to a K2 article. It would be nice to be able to set up a standard article to show in the slideshow but in the module itself, it would be great to have a section where you can enter a redirect URL.

There are 2 problems – the Readmore does not seem to work if using “From Image Folder” setting. How can I make this work?

The second problem is the thumbnails – in my image folder I have my big images and my thumb images. The thumbs are brought across fine to the navigator but the problem is that the thumbs are also brought across to where the large images are displayed so for 3 large images with 3 large thumbs I am getting 6 images and 6 navigator options.

Help – really need to get this sorted.

Saguaros Moderator

Hello huski!

We ‘ll discuss and resolve issues in here http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-slideshow-2-and-k2-articles-linked-text-descriptions/

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum