Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Here is a list of ongoing issues with the 1.6 version of this template. You should know that I have had two experienced web developers look at these issues, but have not been able to find a solution.

1. Logo is only partially showing.

2. None of the links ( Global – Profiles – Layouts ) work in the Template Manager. Nor am I able to exit Template Manager via Save because that link does not work either.

3. Modules show up on all the pages even though they are only assigned to the home page. The best examples of this are seen by clicking links for the 6 bottom mods with pics. User 11 – 15 (Flooring) or click on Main Menu links, Photos

4. This one is the most bizarre. Under the Main menu link named Explore there are 6 sub-links Flooring – Countertops – Wall Systems – 3D Structures….I linked all of these to articles in the category Travel Asia. I would check each link after applying and everything was fine until I got to the third one and it didn’t show. Went back and checked the previous ones and none were linked anymore and in fact when checked a second time, some pages were now showing up in different template theme colors and variations.

Here is a link to the site. http://174.121.21.2/~icoatpro/

I have used Firefox, IE and Safari.

TomC Moderator

This is an odd situation . . . as I have played around with this template – both front and backend – and have not experienced any of the issues you mention. I have submitted a Support Ticket for you for one of our Development Team members to look at.

I will also follow-up to make sure your issue receives due attention.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I had a look on your site.

For logo please find

h1.logo {
    height: 70px;
    width: 135px;
    }

and change it to

h1.logo {
    width: 335px;
    }

It’s on template.css (if you disable compression and enable development mode i would have seen the exact path)

2. Please disable sef and see if the problem remains. (you can enable sef after dns resolve proper to your domain)

For other issues i need backend access so i can investigate further.

Best Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Hi, i have replied to your PM .

unixboymd Friend

A new one? I have one about the password which I replied to.

unixboymd Friend

<em>@pascm 259449 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I had a look on your site.

For logo please find

h1.logo {
    width: 135px;
    }

and change it to

h1.logo {
    width: 335px;
    }

It’s on template.css (if you disable compression and enable development mode i would have seen the exact path)

2. Please disable sef and see if the problem remains. (you can enable sef after dns resolve proper to your domain)

Best Regards

Manos</blockquote>

The problem with that though is we can’t disable the compression mode, so any changes don’t show. The admin side template doesn’t work.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you provide ftp or even better cpanel access ? and i will find a solution to this problem !

Regards

Manos

unixboymd Friend

Hi I am hoping you didn’t have any further trouble logging in. Thank you for your patience.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I can see that you are using an old version of the template….unfortunately i still can’t login with ftp details you have provided 🙁

Please try the following! ( First Create a backup from your cPanel or any other panel you might be using on your server)

1. Go to JoomlArt Extensions Manager
    2. Update your user name and password on “Services Manager”
    3. Upgrade any JA plugin and module and also Template (try to keep your custom work on template on a backup)

After this i believe that if not all at least most of the problems will be solved!!!

🙂

I am here to help you so don’t worry! Let’s do it!!

Regards

Manos

L John Friend

I have seen most of things that you are having problems with on a different template.

I was able to get around the Template manger not accepting changes by making the changes using firefox.

Turn off all buffering; both native joomla and the template buffering. That would fix your login problem.

unixboymd Friend

I am not sure why you are having login issues, but I will check again. As far as the template being outdated, it was just downloaded a few weeks ago.

The thing that really has be perplexed are the mods on the bottom of the home page. Click on any of them and you go to the article, but you also have the home page mods on there as well.

1. user1112
    2. flooring1111
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

I feel like, i have to say this. Joomla 1.6.x and Joomla 1.7.x are yet (although Joomla 1.6.x has come to end of life for Joomla team) at early stage. Under those circumstances it’s obvious that JA will have to make changes and updates quite often so yes this might be painful but that’s why we have the JAExt Manager to make this as easy as it can be

So let’s see this issue now! When i click on an article i can also see the module you have on your home page, but this is because your article has no menu item …assigned and joomla acts that way on a category that has no menu item …so joomla acts like this article is on the home page since you have no menu item for the article, so since the module is also on the home page, Joomla! renders both!

Regards

Manos

unixboymd Friend

I appreciate your attention to these issues. I started with 1.5 and had trouble with that one as well, although different, so switched to 1.6.

Can you please tell me what steps I need to take to fix the article problem.

Blaine Friend

Hi unixboymd!
    I saw this thread and have a wonderful article that will guide you through the difficulties you are having with the menu.
    I think you will love reading this!
    Please check this link out and follow the instructions in the article and I am confident all your issues will be resolved regarding this problem!
    The same article page has links to other Joomla tricks and tips that will help you in other areas!
    I know this will be great for you!

unixboymd Friend

Great article! If my brain wasn’t so fried I could maybe figure out how to do it. Played with it a little! More than happy to pay someone to do this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum