Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

On ja-mero
    I am looking to make the mainmenu wider and remove the search box,
    so i can add more items to this menu.. but cant seem to find the right place for it…

thx alot!

TomC Moderator

So that I can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General settings

bigleveller Friend

Hi guys,

I really love the template (big thanks for your efforts!) – but I need to implement moren than just 3 menu topics 😉 The space for the menu item in the top seems to be very limited – any chance to get more space in the top, maybe by removing the seach module position?

glenng Friend

I also would like to search module to add more menu items. Could you also check my web site please. Same access info I sent before.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@bigleveller 353664 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys,

I really love the template (big thanks for your efforts!) – but I need to implement moren than just 3 menu topics 😉 The space for the menu item in the top seems to be very limited – any chance to get more space in the top, maybe by removing the seach module position?</blockquote>

You can disable Search module by
    <blockquote>Go to Admin > Module Manager > disable Search module (on head-search position)</blockquote>
    And you can new menu items

bigleveller Friend

This is what I’ve already tried. W/O success 🙁 There is no modul on the head-search position but the menu is still breaking:
    http://morethanpaper.de/unidanza2/ (item Caren is in the 2nd row).

This happens if the window is on max width. If I scall the size down to i.e. pad browser size the last menu item will be displayed correclty…

Ninja Lead Moderator

@bigleveller: You can apply this fix on your site

Open file:
    <blockquote>templates/ja_mero/css/template.css </blockquote>
    add new script below

.navbar-inner .row .span8 {
    width: 986px;
    }

glenng Friend

I have added the script but didn’t work. I wonder if anyone tried to new script and if it’s works?

bigleveller Friend

Was off for a couple of days and could not try out this solution earlier – anyway it’s tll not working for me as well 🙁

glenng Friend

I have solved the problem. Try this (for light version)

/templates/ja_mero/css/themes/light/bootstrap-responsive.css

change the code below as 986

.span8 {
    width: 486px;
    }

you can try to add the code below as well:

width: 986px;
    }

I don’t know which one helped but I did both and worked.

bigleveller Friend

Row 986 is:

.navbar .nav-collapse .nav.pull-right {
    float: none;
    margin-left: 0;
    }

Have you replaced this?

Ninja Lead Moderator

@glenng: Because your site changed theme to light theme

@bigleveller: Because your site changed theme to abstract theme you can fix this problem here
    <blockquote>Open unidanza2/templates/ja_mero/css/themes/abstract/template.css file</blockquote>
    add new script

width: 970px;
    }
    .navbar-inner .row .span4 {
    width: 100px;
    padding-top: 12px;
    }

If you have still the same error, please send pm me with ftp account. I shall help you fix this problem

bigleveller Friend

works perfect! 🙂 thanks!

brennac Friend

I changed the bootstrap-responsive.css file under the light theme I am working on, but the pixel changes I made were only visible in Chrome – the changes are not reflected on Safari or Firefox. Could someone explain ?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@brennac 358879 wrote:</em><blockquote>I changed the bootstrap-responsive.css file under the light theme I am working on, but the pixel changes I made were only visible in Chrome – the changes are not reflected on Safari or Firefox. Could someone explain ?</blockquote>
    You can send me screenshot the problem and url on your site. I shall help you out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum