Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have made my site and the client loves it. However, there is an odd problem:

My main navigation bar that shows at the top of every other page does not show for members when they log in to JomSocial. Once logged in, the main nav bar is no longer there.

I thought perhaps I’d forgotten to make JA Builer the template. But as you can see from my screen capture, I’ve chosen JA Builder as the template. And the main navigation does come up on the login page itself (where members are asked to put in their username and password). But, once they’ve logged in, it disappears. They’re left with no way back to the main site.

Something else to keep in mind: I didn’t know this problem existed for a little while because — when I am logged in to the backend of my Joomla site, and then I log in to the Members’ Studio (JomSocial) the JA Builder main navigation IS at the top of the page, even after log in. But, when I am not logged in to the backend of my Joomla site, and I log in to the Members’ Studio (jomSocial), then the navigation bar is no longer there after login. Obviously since my members aren’t logging in to the back end of our site, they are getting the version with NO top Nav bar to the main site.

What can I do (or what can you do to help) to get the Main Navigation bar to appear over all of the JomSocial pages after a member logs in (and is it possible to have those pages show as full-width)? I really want the JomSocial pages to have the Main Navigation bar on top of all their pages. Please help.

Laurie

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  lastevns.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  lastevns.

1. nav_bar_there_before_login
    2. no_navbar_there_after_login_plus_page_no_longer_full_width
    3. this_is_what_the_page_should_look_like_for_members
    4. i_used_ja_builder_as_template
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Did you try to assign standard template of Joomla (Beez/Protostar) to that member login item? and login from frontend – not backend then see how it goes?

I will also try to check in my local and see how it goes.

lastevns Friend

Well, I didn’t try assigning it another template because I would like the Members’ Studio/JomSocial pages to all have the same top navigation as the rest of my site.

I left you all the information needed to log in to any area of the site, including the front end of JomSocial.

I will try anything you suggest, but I really need the end result to be consistent with the rest of the site. I am hoping I just have a setting wrong somewhere.

Please let me know what you find, and thank you!

Hi,

Did you try to assign standard template of Joomla (Beez/Protostar) to that member login item? and login from frontend – not backend then see how it goes?

I will also try to check in my local and see how it goes.

Saguaros Moderator

Did you try my above suggestion and see how it goes? or could I test it directly on your site?

lastevns Friend

Because our account with our host provider has huge numbers of files, I got rid of all but the templates being used. So I have my old JoomlaXTC template and the JA Builder template.

I tried changing the Members’ Studio/JomSocial site to the JoomlaXTC template and both prior to log in and after front end log in there is NO main site navigation at all. So, no, that doesn’t work at all.

I’ve now changed the page back to the JA Builder template.

PLEASE log in to the site yourself (you have the credentials to log in to any portion). I’m sure this is just a configuration issue somewhere that you, as an expert, can quickly fix. Then, when you tell me what I did wrong, I will have that information going forward.

Contact me if you need any other information to help. Thanks! L.

Did you try my above suggestion and see how it goes? or could I test it directly on your site?

1. alternate_template_now_no_nav_on_login
    2. login_front_end_still_no_nav
    Saguaros Moderator

The ‘studio’ menu item is assigned to JoomlaXTC template, you should raise the issue in their support forum. I tried to assign to standard template but it seems that you uninstalled them all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum