Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m creating a site using JA Oslo, but when I minimize the screen to smartphone size, I don’t see my pulldown menu anymore (and it’s crucial to the site)

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Did you enable the option for Collapse menu or Off-canvas under template manager?

I tried to access backend of your site but without success.

Regards

jurgeng Friend

Hi,

I tried all 4 combinations (both on, both off, either one on) and every time the megamenu disappeared when making the browser window smaller…

My apologies, your support account was disabled. You should be able to log in now.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It’s showing now.

However, there seems to be conflict in JS on homepage of your site so it doesn’t work when you click. Could you try to disable 3rd party extensions installed on your site first?

jurgeng Friend

Hi,
    Now I see a hamburger menu appearing in the right. Nothing happens when I click on it.
    So I still don’t see my menu.
    I turned off all extensions that are not Joomlart (even JCE and Akeeba Backup).

The problem still exists.

jurgeng Friend

Hi,
    Now I see a hamburger menu appearing in the right. Nothing happens when I click on it.
    So I still don’t see my menu.
    I turned off all extensions that are not Joomlart (even JCE and Akeeba Backup).

The problem still exists.

For others who want to look into it: https://beta.preken.be

Saguaros Moderator

Could you send me the FTP account of your site? I will investigate further.

jurgeng Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Let me check and will get back to you.

Saguaros Moderator
    jurgeng Friend

Hello Saguaros,

did you actually check my page? The code in there is already the one in the forum. I’m assuming this was fixed in a previous update.

So the issue is still not solved.

Saguaros Moderator

It may due to the cache as I did check and saw that it works when clicking the menu button. However, you didn’t assign any module to ‘off-canvas’ position so when you click, you don’t see anything there. I just tried to publish Main menu module to ‘off-canvas’ position and it’s showing fine now.

Kindly check.

jurgeng Friend

Hi,
    my apologies for being so harsh, but I was frustrated (and still am) since I can’t get to see the main menu.
    The Off-page menu isn’t needed for me. So I didn’t have any content in there. I will disable it again, but I enabled it for troubleshooting as you asked.

Attached you’ll find 3 screenshots:

1. from my smartphone.
    2. from a private browser session in Firefox.
    3. from a private browser session in Chrome.

As you see, I have in the top right the hamburger menu to show the sidebar (which I don’t care about) and a square not showing anything in the right (where I assume should be the menu I’m expecting). Maybe I’m looking at the wrong place, but I don’t see where to click to open the menu.

Thanks in advance,
    Jurgen

1. screenshot_smartphone
    2. screenshot_ff_private
    3. screenshot_chrome_private
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jurgen,

Let me explain a bit here. JA Oslo template is built with T3 framework which supports options to show the main navigation in small screens:
    1) Collapse navigation: you can see this option in Admin Panel > Extensions > Templates > JA Oslo > Navigation tab: http://prntscr.com/evhi11

I just enabled it for you so that in small screens like mobile, there is also a hamburger menu button where you can click on and the main menu will display in dropdown.

2) Off-canvas: By default, this option is enabled – the hamburger that we discuss together in above posts. If you don’t want to use this, just go to the same place in template manager, navigate to the ‘Add-Ons’ tab and disable Off-canvas sidebar option: http://prntscr.com/evhj1n

Hope this makes senses.

Regards

jurgeng Friend

Okay, thanks for explaining. I guess we started off with a big misunderstanding. The menu I was talking about, was the main menu in the page. I never talked about the main menu that you enabled.
    Anyway, I don’t know what happened, because I actually tried turning on the "collapse for small screens" in response to your second post. It didn’t work back then. It does now though. Maybe it was a caching issue, or a collision with other extensions. I’ll now enable them back again one by one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum