Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello friends,

I want to move the main menu (see pictures)!
    Under the J1.5 went, but it does not run under J2.5 according to the manual.

Can someone help me change it so as in the picture it?

It should look like:

Thanks in advance
    🙂
    greeting
    Sakari

1. menu-1
    2. menu-2
    TomC Moderator

What steps are you taking to try to re-order the menu items?

sakari Friend

What do you mean?

I’ve put the file “onpage.php” this code!

<?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu (); ?>

I just want to change the sequence,!

It should look like! (J!MENU)

1. menu-2
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Sakari,

As you can see in onepage.php file, there is a for loop to load titles: About Us/ Features /Services/ …. so I think it’s impossible to add J!Menu item inside that, it can be only stands before or after there titles.

My suggestion is that in Main menut you create a new ‘About us’ menu item and create a new articles which has same content with current module ‘About Us’, then assign this article to new ‘About Us’ menu item. It’s much easier.

sakari Friend

I do not understand what you mean!
    Then I would have even twice, twice “about us”.
    It can not be true that it is not feasible, right?

Would it work if it is the last position, so far right?

Saguaros Moderator

If you want to have ‘About Us’ menu item before J!Menu item, as I suggest above you create a new menu item of main menu and of course you should disable module named ‘About Us’

sakari Friend

When I use the module “About Us” disable.

In which I cut out this code:

<page name="about-us" type="modules" title="About US " class="mega first active">page1</page>

And in the main menu a new “About Us” and investing home page activate, it wid not be displayed.
    Instead, I get the second module, “FEATURES” is displayed.
    The home page in the main menu will be ignored!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi sakari,

Please check the profile you’re assigning to Home page, maybe param: Hide Main content block is set to Yes so that it hide all main content block.

TomC Moderator

Did this resolve the issue?

sakari Friend

Problem still exists! I’ve just activated the J!Menu.
    Everything else I’ve removed for now until I have a solution.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi sakari,

Did you check the profile assignment as I mentioned in my last post?

sakari Friend

<em>@Saguaros 323336 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi sakari,

Did you check the profile assignment as I mentioned in my last post?</blockquote>

I’m Sorry,
    wanted answers before!

<em>@Saguaros 322178 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi sakari,

Please check the profile you’re assigning to Home page, maybe param: Hide Main content block is set to Yes so that it hide all main content block.</blockquote>

Unfortunately had no success.

Saguaros Moderator

Please pm admin / FTP account. I shall help you to check it out. Also include this thread url in message.

emwebmaster Friend

If I may add what I hope is some helpful two-bits..

While trying to rename the menu items on my own Cloris site I discovered that the menu items RIGHT of J!Menu, in other words the links that scroll you down to the anchor-tags on the homepage, are not in any Menus.

To edit them, at least their text, you have to (from the back-end) go to Extensions->Template Manager->ja-cloris and click on the Layout tab, then edit the Default.xml layout.

From there, you can edit the layout xml directly (make a backup copy first!) and you can edit the text of those scrolling item links. Just edit the title parameter, and the text will change. Editing the class parameter will determine whether that section will be dark or light, according to the Cloris template. Leave the name parameter alone, as that is how the scroll-to anchor tags work.

<block name="onepage" type="onepage" pageid="" no-wrap="1" no-main="1">
    <page name="about-cms" type="modules" title="About CMS" class="light first-item">page1</page>
    <page name="services" type="modules" title="Services" class="dark">page2</page>
    <page name="websites" type="modules" title="Websites" class="light">page3</page>
    <page name="video" type="modules" title="Video" class="dark">page4</page>
    <page name="gallery" type="modules" title="Gallery" class="light">page5</page>
    <page name="blog" type="modules" title="Blog" class="light">page6</page>
    <page name="faq" type="modules" title="FAQ" class="light">page7</page>
    <page name="contact-us" type="modules" title="Contact Us" class="light last-item">page8</page>
    </block>

You’ll notice J!Menu isn’t there, because J!Menu is an actual Joomla Menu Item. Everything else is not; they’re just positioned to appear like one. Anytime you click on those other links, you scroll to a different part of the frontpage; that’s the unique feature of Cloris. Anything you click within the J!Menu, or any Main Menu item, will send you to a different page.

That greatly disrupts the UX, the user-experience, the user flow, of the website. J!Menu and any other real Menu item should be distinct from the “scroll Items”, otherwise your poor users will be clicking on various navigation items and going all over the place. They won’t know if a particular menu item will scroll up/down or send them somewhere else on your site.

In short, if “About Us” and “Services” scroll you to different parts of the frontpage, and J!Menu takes you to another page entirely, then J!Menu shouldn’t be between About Us and Services. That becomes too confusing for uninitiated users. Keep About Us and Services next to one another, and J!Menu should either be all the way to the left or right or them.

If you really want “About Us” to be the first navigation item, then don’t make it a part of the scrolling anchor links. Make it a Main Menu Item so it’ll group with J!Menu.

1. cloris-navigation
    2. template-manager
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  emwebmaster 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum