Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Our site is running Joomla! 1.5.15

Everything displays fine in firefox, chrome and safari; however in IE7, IE8 and Opera the “Main Menu” module is not being displayed properly on one menu item that displays a section blog layout. Instead of displaying the main menu in the left column, it is displayed at the bottom of the page. The main menu module works fine on other menu items displaying a section blog layout.

I have tried troubleshooting this and even creating a new menu item for the same section I want displayed with the same results. I have also tried editing the ie.css file to change the size of the columns thinking that was the problem, but with no success.

I have also noticed the section blog layout for the same menu item does not display properly in IE7.

The site is http://www.innerfour.com

The problem page is http://www.innerfour.com/iphone when viewing in IE7, IE8, and Opera.

Other pages such as the Android section blog layout display the main menu properly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Thanks.

bryantwest Friend

Hi, I’m no expert and can’t help you with browser issues but I can recommend publishing your main menu to the module position ‘col-mass’ – this should publish your menu to the right hand column.

It’s not the fix… but it should make things look a bit better.

Cheers

actswartz Friend

Thanks for the reply; however this did not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi actswartz

This issue is from an article.
    Please submit a ticket, send us your admin account so that we have a closer look on the issue.

Also, you can disable each article in iPhone Applications section to find that article.

tjproto Friend

Hey actswartz,

Im not sure if you’ve fixed it yet, but I had the exact same problem. My main menu on the left wasn’t showing, and the content under the title disappeared.

On the first article displayed in that category blog layout, check the HTML formatting of the the content. See if theres any redundant code that doesn’t have to be there, that’s what the problem was with mine. This can especially happen if you copy/paste directly from Microsoft Word into the WYSIWYG text editor, as the editor tries to format the code with how Word had it, and IE for some reason cant display it.

tl;dr: Clean up code in articles using HTML editor.

actswartz Friend

Thanks developer and tjproto.

You were both correct, it was a problem with an article.

One article had <blockquote>/></blockquote> buried in the html. Once that was removed everything formats properly.

Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  actswartz 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum