Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

http://www.letsgojoomla.com
    J 1.5.11 VM 1.1.3 CB 1.2.1

I add the suffix index.php?tp=1 tot the URL and there is no real estate defined for there the horizontal menu appears so I cannot shut it off. .

Additionally, whether the main menu module is unpublished or not, all of the menu items from it apper in the horizontal menu.

The standard rhuk-milkyway calles this area Top Menu but even the free JAPurity template carves out its user 3 area at the bottom as does the Shopping II.

So, I build the shopping II horizontal menu and there is no place to put it. There is no position available aoable on the template to assign this menu Again at least JA Purity has a position called HOMAV in which the horizontal menu fits nicely. Shopping II has no such defined position.

Yet it shows a horizontal menu in the undefined posiiton. It simply uses the items defined for main menu as its items.

I want to put different things there than the main menu. I want to put the Top Menu type things there but it is undefined.

In a prior response I was told to configure the Template Manager properly.

This was not an answer.

I don’t want to change CSS.

Why not just make the area available for a raw horizontal menu such as the standard Top Menu?

letsgojoomla Friend

I solved this with a workaround.

This template made me relive my original learning of Joomla menu names and menu types. It hurtsmy head but I went back and finally the headache is gone.

By the way, it had nothing to do with the Template Manager.

Once we take our refresher course we remember that the menu type is the driver for the menu and it is what gets linked to the module. No other name is important. The module name, not the menu name appears on the menu but you know all that.

My problem was that i got two menus, one horizontal on the top in an undefined template area and another on the left where I had told it to go. The default top menu went in user3 position which in this menu is on the bottom.

There is not spot for a horizontal menu yet the template developers find any menu, published or unpublished and throw its line items in as the horizontal menu.

So, I took the items that I wanted in the Top Menu and I put them in what had been labeled as the main menu. Then I unpublished it.

Because i wanted it to be blue and I did not want to figure out how to make it blue, I copied the menu and changed its type to leftmain. I then published a module called JGJ Main Menu and linked the module to leftmain.

It was simple but I am not accustomed to secret areas where the template designers use unwritten rules to populate the menu items. Perhaps there was a tool used when this was converted from J1.0.x.

It is a nice template and I think that the folks at Joomlart should give it anohter usability test to remove the gotchas.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  letsgojoomla 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum