Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dear joomla experts:

I made some icons myself for the main menu but when you hoover over the icons it gets bugged. How can I fix this??

Also, is it possible to place the main menu 20 px to the right?

site: http://kborganisatietalent.nl/

Thanks!

The hoover bug is fixed now. Just make a copy of the original icon and add “-on” to the filename, upload it to the same folder and it works!

Now for the menu styling: can I change the color of the text??

sunrise Friend

Yes you can. Depending on the menu you are using, you go to the CSS file and look for ja-menu or ja-cssmenu or something like that and there you will find the colors used. replace them with anything you want.

peterva Friend

I’m sorry, but I can’t find the corronsponding CSS line to shift the menu to the right and/or managing the colors of the links.

Any ideas were to find the css for the menu?

Thanks!

sunrise Friend

Hi Peterva, the css files for the menus are in the template folder. But it depends on the menu type you are using, moo, css or split.

In the folder templates/ja_zeolite/ja_menus/ you will find 3 more folders, one for each type of menu. The menu type you choose in the Admin under Extentions/Template Manager/Ja_zeolite. douple click to edit and look under Menu Module to see which menu type you have.

Hi again, just another thought. I don’t know if you are using FF or IE, but in FF you can use an Addon called Firebug. Once installed, click at the icon at the bottom of the page to open, then click on Inspect and let the cursor hover over the menu you are trying to change. Firebug will then tell you which css file and the line number so you can easily know where you need to make changes.

Hope this is a help

sunrise Friend

Hi again, just another thought. I don’t know if you are using FF or IE, but in FF you can use an Addon called Firebug. Once installed, click at the icon at the bottom of the page to open, then click on Inspect and let the cursor hover over the menu you are trying to change. Firebug will then tell you which css file and the line number so you can easily know where you need to make changes.

Hope this is a help

peterva Friend

Thanks a lot sunrise,

I’ll try finding the css later today.

sunrise Friend

You are most welcome peterva!

If you manage, wonderful, if not, let us know how it goes and we’ll try to help some more.

peterva Friend

Hi Sunrise

With the help of this nifty Firefox plugin I found the CSS line.

I added “Padding0left: 150px;” to the CSS and that shifted the menu to the left. But it applied to all the buttons in the menu and I only want it to be applied to the first button.

So i tried a technique someone else on this forum showed me with another joomla site:

a#menu75 {
    width: 64px;
    height: 64px;
    padding-left: 150px;
    vertical-align: middle;
    margin-right: 2px;

But that didn’t work..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ggmaury Friend

Did you use 2 icons for each menu item?

You need one for the unselected state and one for the selected state.

Something like icon.png for unselected and icon-on.png for the selected (the “-on” is mandatory so the template identifies the icon to show).

When you hover on the unselected icon, joomla will load and show the selected one which will show when you are in that menu.

I hope it helps

peterva Friend

Thanks al lot for the info, but that isn’t the problem anymore.

It’s now to set the css for each button induvidually..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  peterva 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum