Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’m using the JA Blazes template and I face the following problem which I believe is a template bug:

Despite the fact that the main content block is set to hidden for the home page, the div container is not hiding, resulting in displaying the main content block background.

I have used this feature again in other templates (like in JA Portfolio) where it worked as it was supposed to. A screenshot from the backend follows:

And from the frontend:

1. admin
    2. front
    pavit Moderator

Hi yanliom

You are right i have opened a ticket for this bug Joomlart developers will analyze and solve the bug as soon as possible

For now you can manage the issue adding a display:none; in your /templates/ja_blazes/css/template.css

#ja-mainbody {
    display: none;
    padding-top: 20px;
    }

Thanks

yanliom Friend

I believe you do realize that this option hides the mainbody in EVERY PAGE of the website.

This is not a rational option.:((

Please provide me with a quick fix as soon as possible because this is a public website in beta version and it must be delivered within this week.

I’m willing to help you in order to find a working fix.:)

Thank you,
    Yannis L.

TomC Moderator

For this issue, you will need to create a template override for this particular “home page only” display – where you will delete the main content block from the override layout only.

For more information about template overrides in Joomla, SEE HERE[/url]

You can also research what others have done with their Joomla templates here –> http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=629

pavit Moderator

Hi yanliom

You can solve in this way

you can create a new class in template.css

For example

.body-nomain #ja-container {display: none;}
    then add the suffix -nomain in the menu item referred to the page

Page Display Options Page Class -nomain

yanliom Friend

Thank you for your help. Especially the last post was very useful.

Still, I would like to see this bug fixed soon.

TomC Moderator

<em>@yanliom 282784 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Still, I would like to see this bug fixed soon.</blockquote>
    Actually, this is not a bug … this is the way the template is structured.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum