Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Please I need your help. I have the Magz ii template installed. Followed the documentation instructions. Installed the two JA content plugins. I see add new… video. But when I click to add new, I only see my JCE editor. It doesn’t give me the screen shown in your documentation to load the video, only my editor. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried changing editors and using no editor. But nothing seems to help. Can you help?

pavit Moderator

Hi

Your folders are all not writables, to see that go to -> system -> System information -> Folder permissions tab

Ask to your hosting provider to set correctly permissions on all your joomla folders 755 for folders 644 for files

Take a look at THIS ARTICLE

craigt Friend

Thanks for your reply. But Nooooo! I was working on localhost. I am in the process of changing folder permissions. However via ftp it takes a bit of time. It is definitely not anything to do with file or folder permissions.

Thank you for the effort but that is just NO solution whatsoever!

I do hope someone can help!?

craigt Friend

Just to be 100% clear! This issue became evident while setting the template up on my localhost. So no file or folder permissions are necessary. I uploaded the site and made it live so that I could submit a query for support. That is why I am so sure it is not the permissions.

craigt Friend

Permissions changed. Still the same problem?? Can anyone help, please??

pavit Moderator

Permissions changed. Still the same problem?? Can anyone help, please??

A Joomla website need to have some minimum correct settings , you set your log folder below the /administrator folder as you can see from image below , these folder need to be accessible by components to write logs and manage cache , if this is not correctly set you can have issues with extensions functionalities, also if i try to change it from global configuration i receive an error message that avoid me to change configuration.php file despite i can see it as writable, conclusion is that you need to correctly set all your user and folders permissions.

Best regards

1. Screenshot-at-ago-04-07-57-27
    craigt Friend

Hi Pavit,

Apologies, there was no logs folder under administrator directory. I used akeeba backup to transfer the site. Somehow that folder didn’t make it in the transfer. I have now replaced the log folder, made sure it is writable… Still the problem exists. BUT! Please understand! That I WAS WORKING ON MY LOCAL MACHINE. THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE!?!?!? I have to strongly consider a refund on this stupid membership. As this is the very first template I want to use. It one of the very first things that have gone wrong and you cannot seem to tell me the solution!?!?!?

I have to now repeat myself… HOURS later!!! IT IS NOT FOLDER PERMISSIONS!!!

pavit Moderator

I had installed on my local also a ja _magz_II template and i cannot replicate your issue.

I have to strongly consider a refund on this stupid membership

Please ask HERE the refund .

Have a nice day

craigt Friend

Hi Pavit,

Again apologies. I have now changed the config file’s ownership. Something obviously happens with akeeba. I have set the files permissions. I am sorry I now realize you need to be able to see the issue. Please kindly have a look for me. If we can’t sort this out, I will need to request that refund and take my business elsewhere. It is a pity because it is such a nice template. I am frustrated that it doesn’t work out of the box. I also downloaded the quickstart and everything works perfectly with that. So how come this one doesn’t?

craigt Friend

I am happy to supply you with ftp details and cpanel details if that may help?

pavit Moderator

am happy to supply you with ftp details and cpanel details if that may help?

Please update your php version at least at 5.4 you are still on 5.3

Tell me when done i will check again

craigt Friend

Thank you Pavit for not deserting me 🙂 . I have changed the PHP to 5.5. I hope we can solve this. I am begging 🙂

craigt Friend

Hi Pavit,

I am wondering if perhaps it may not be easier to try and move everything over into the quickstart template? I am just afraid that there may be some conflict somewhere with ajax perhaps or something to that effect?

pavit Moderator

It is a javascript issue that for some reason is not loading correctly the com_content video layout – i’m forwarding this problem to joomlart developers to have a deeply look at it , please add also as reply an ftp account for your website it will help for the debug.

pavit Moderator

I am wondering if perhaps it may not be easier to try and move everything over into the quickstart template? I am just afraid that there may be some conflict somewhere with ajax perhaps or something to that effect?

I think it could be also a good solution , mostly to avoid future problems on it.
    Let me know about your decision so i will avoid to forward it to devs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum