Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I am confronting a small problem with my Magazine Menu in FireFox 8.0 and that is that the text seems to be bolder than in iternet explorer 8.0 and for this reason it my last menu item ( Deportes ) is going under the Login Icon on the right.

2 requests:

A) how can I fix this issue and how to reduce the size of the text I would like it just a little smaller, of course after fixing the overlaps issue.

B) Where can I change the language for the “last update: ” tittle next to the date?
    See some images references here:
    For Firefox 8.0:

For IE8.0

Thank you!

1. firefox
    2. IE8
    jsliao Friend

it looks like the font u used is not supported in IE, hence the font is actually slimmer on IE and fatter on firefox causing the overlap

go to your /templates/ja_teline_iv/css/menu/mega.css around line 16.

look for this line

#ja-megamenu ul.level0 {
    font-family: ....,...,...;
    }

and change the font families

or you can adjust the font size also in the same file

ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega a.mega {
    display: block;
    margin: 3px;
    padding: 6px 3px 4px;
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #333;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    font-size: 210%;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

————————————————

for the last update wording, go to /templates/ja_teline_iv/blocks/topbar.php

and look for

<p class="ja-updatetime"><span><?php echo JText::_('Last update')?></span><em><?php echo T3Common::getLastUpdate(); ?></em></p>

cepedalc Friend

Thanks Jsliao,
    It seems that the issue is on my computer at home, I am trying different machines and it looks okay, ( firefox may be cracking off ) I have the Firebug add on installed, I do not know what is causing this issue but defensively it is Firefox.
    The font display beautiful in IE8.0, I have no complain there, I am using the default css that came with the template, so if that was the case the developers would have catch on this.
    About your code references, thank you very helpful.
    Thanks again
    http://www.imagineri.com/ch17/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cepedalc 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum