Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ticket system crashed so i post my questions here…

1) How to get rid of subcategories on magazine layout?
    2) How to move module form sidebar module to this position where originally more news is?
    3) How to move more news to sidebar position?

Any guidance would be nice

I already tried this solution: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/display-non-magazine-category-articles-in-featured-block/

1. subcategories-off
    zorroh Friend

i hided subcategories with display: none

zorroh Friend

its not solved.

i found workaround for subcategories, but there isnt still normal switcher to turn categories off

AND question 2 & 3 is not answered.

So how to move MORE NEWS module from featured area?

Nazario A Friend

@zorroh,

<blockquote>1) How to get rid of subcategories on magazine layout?</blockquote>
    A – If you want to hide the sub-categories, you can try to open file: /templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/category/magazine.php then remove this code: http://prntscr.com/3asfaz

<?php
    $this->list = $list_items;
    $this->categories = $categories;
    echo $this->loadTemplate('list'); ?>

<blockquote>2) How to move module form sidebar module to this position where originally more news is?
    3) How to move more news to sidebar position?</blockquote>

A – The MORE NEWS displays magazine featured article – belongs to the main content section, not a module position, whilethe BANNER is in “sidebar-2” position. Hence, you can’t move like that

Hope this helps.

schorrie Friend

I’ve been trying to work something out with the solution from Nazario….but it’s not working, so is it possible to….

Tried duplicating the file magazine.php to magazine_nosubcat.php

In the magazine_nosubcat.php i have deleted te code like the solution of Nazario

But then i’m stuck, what do i have to do, so that in the administrator back-end i can choose between magazine layout with the subcategories or magazine_nosubcat layout without the sub categories…

anyone? thanks…

Adam M Moderator

Hi @schorrie,

Since this task is technical related and requires minor customization, I’m afraid that you must be a licensed member in order to get any further assistance in this case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum