Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m not totally sure where this problem arises. It could be the magazine layout, the template as a whole, T3 or Joomla.

For some reason when you add a created_by_alias, the articles disappear from the magazine featured/home listing. This is true of the demo builder site and of a new Joomla 3.2.2 installation with latest T3 and Purity III. I might have made some really strange setting but I can’t find it.

In the demo site adding an alias to “Choosing your Joomla template framework” article, for example, makes it disappear from the magazine home listing.

Demo site url: http://b1a22e4e2025aa3f.builder.joomlart.com/index.php/layout/new-layouts/magazine

phong nam Friend

@niklasalbin: Thank you for your feedback. It is a bug of Featured Magazine layout when it does not display the article with Created by alias parameter. I have already raised a bug report to our template developer to check and update the bug fix. You can keep track on the workflow at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/PURITYIII-61

niklasalbin Friend

OK. Figured out what the problem was.

The template helper.php uses /modules/mod_articles_category/helper.php, which contains an author alias filter. By setting the parameter ‘author_alias_filtering_type’ to 0 in the getArticles function, the articles are displayed. Not the prettiest of solutions, but it works.

[PHP]public static function getArticles($params, $catid, $count, $front = ‘show’)
    {
    require_once JPATH_ROOT . ‘/modules/mod_articles_category/helper.php’;
    $aparams = clone $params;
    $aparams->set(‘count’, $count);
    $aparams->set(‘show_front’, $front);
    $aparams->set(‘catid’, (array)$catid);
    $aparams->set(‘show_child_category_articles’, 1);
    $aparams->set(‘levels’, 2);
    $aparams->set(‘author_alias_filtering_type’, 0);
    $alist = ModArticlesCategoryHelper::getList($aparams);
    return $alist;
    }[/PHP]

Niklas

niklasalbin Friend

Actually, that just replicated the opposite problem. Another ugly solution:
    [PHP]public static function getArticles($params, $catid, $count, $front = ‘show’)
    {
    require_once JPATH_ROOT . ‘/modules/mod_articles_category/helper.php’;
    $aparams = clone $params;
    $aparams->set(‘count’, $count);
    $aparams->set(‘show_front’, $front);
    $aparams->set(‘catid’, (array)$catid);
    $aparams->set(‘show_child_category_articles’, 1);
    $aparams->set(‘levels’, 2);
    $aparams->set(‘author_alias_filtering_type’, 0);
    $aparams->set(‘created_by_alias’, “excluded”);
    $alist = ModArticlesCategoryHelper::getList($aparams);
    return $alist;
    } [/PHP]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  niklasalbin 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum