Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Magazine JACM Feature Module is resizing the images from thumbnails. i used the same picture for both intro and full articles.
    Image shows correctly in full article but quality is substantially decreased in feature display in the home page.

miamiobservatory.org/update/

Thanks

1. feature-low-res
    2. article-image-ok
    Saguaros Moderator

It’s weird since in our demo site, we also use one image with same dimension for intro and full article image (850×700). So that when viewing in blog /featured page, the auto generated feature will help to resize images but when viewing in JA ACM Featured News, the image will look fine.

Did you try with image have larger dimension?

seoking Developer

I have also a problem like this.

In JA ACM featured news the for the image is medium-size-image and for the the images in featured links the big-size. So my html-file is very big and slow. I use the same settings as in the demo.

Regards..

Saguaros Moderator

This ACM – Featured News module is retrieving intro images. What’s dimension of intro image of that article in your site. If it’s small, it will auto scale and look not good.

seoking Developer

Hi Saguaros,

thank you for your feedback.

I am using for intro and article image the same size, 880x570px (144dpi). Also I tested 72dpi and also the same image sizes and the same settings for image scaling like in your demo. For auto generation I am using for big-size 880×570, for medium 300×194 and for small 190x123px.

ACM is using for featured news image the auto generated medium image (width 300px) and scale it up to 650px. Better would be the auto generated big image (width 880px) to scale down to 650px.

For the featured link images acm is using the auto generated big size (width 800px) and scale it down to <100px. Better would be using the auto generated small size (width 190px) to scale it down.

I have some wishes for small custom-works. I think I must/will combine it with this problem.

Cheers…

kverfla Friend

Ok, I was able to fix it by taking the following steps:
    Article – Options – Shared Options – Changed “Big” Image size to a larger value
    delete all existing thumbs previously generated in media/jact/big/images/
    Refreshing front end should automatically re-generate the images with the correct size.

seoking Developer

I’ve copied the templates/ja_teline_v/acm/news-featured from the demo into my website and it noe works perfectly.

Thx Cheers…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  seoking 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum