Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, Guys
    i have noticed that my site gets lots of spam nearly 700 fake users i have on my joomla site they all keep spamming and promoting there products and spamming with links, what shall i do its getting so annoying,i did have a shoutbox but then diasabled it as it was geting spamed now they go to the forum please help and have a look
    has anyone got any advice how to stop fake accounts being made thanks.

thatmixtape.com/index.php/forum

Manos Moderator

Hello,

I noticed that you don’t use any kind of anti spam system like captcha so my suggestion is that you at least try this first, there are many free on JED to look for and easy to integrate! Also if you upgrade to Joomla 2.5.x then you can make use of the build in captcha plugin.

Regards

gilljhonson Friend

along with the captcha plugin you can also use any anti spam question which is asked to user while joining your forum

djtaylor Friend

thanks pascm and gilljhonson i have downloaded two from the joomla extensions and works fine with the cb register
    but i had to tale the ja login in /register down from the top right of my site as the anti spam did not show up on it.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You can adjust the CSS code for the JA Login module to display correctly if you want to.

Regards

fcweb Friend

hi everyone.
    i have the same problem BUT i dont have any user registration on my website .
    i understood that I received 1000 fake member registration on back-end , so I disable
    user registration on the website..
    but today i got more than 200 user register with "activated" status !!!!!
    whats wrong??
    i shut down website cause I think its been hacked. any idea???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fcweb 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum