Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Running JAT3 blank template on joomla 1.5.22
    Would anybody give me direction to the solution of …how to assign a non-default layout to a specific page. I don’t seem to be able to find the layout switcher (not the front-end one); “this page 2 cols, not 3”? Thanks

Scott Lavelle Friend

In the backend admin, go to the Extensions…Template Manager, then select the T3_blank template.

Go to the layouts tab, select one of the ones in the list and click “clone”. You will get a copy of this layout. Give it a new name that you will refer to, for example special-layout. Now, edit that copy and get rid of the stuff you don’t want, making sure to get all of the related open and close tags out for things you remove.

Now, go to the Profiles tab and create a new profile (top of the page, green “new” button) and name it something (like special-profile). Now, select that new profile you created and scroll down to the bottom. In the last box (Layout Settings), you see the “desktop layout” dropdown. Click the green checkbox to the right of that to enable this override, and choose the “special-layout” you created in the previous step.

Go back to the Global tab and look for the section called Profile Override settings (it’s the first one). Click where it says “click to add” and select the item(s) that you want from the display that comes up. Then, on the right side, choose the new Profile (special-profile) that you assigned to the layout.

Make sure that you “reset” the cpanel, clean the JAT3 cache (button at top of admin interface), and clear the cookies for this site in IE (for good measure – see my other thread about this).

Does this help? Is this what you were looking for?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

jmll Friend

Help? Yes it does. Accurately at that, except for the “JAT3 cache button at top of admin interface” which I do not see but it may be because I’ve disabled the cache.
    Thanks a lot … you should be the one writing the doc for the framework:laugh:
    Have a good day

Scott Lavelle Friend

Great. Glad it worked for you.

I’m trying to find some time to put together a starter video of what I’ve learned so far. There’s a pretty good bit of documentation available online, but some of it is a little difficult to follow. There are also some good videos so far, but they seem to focus on an overview of doing exact things- showing “what” to do but not really showing “why”.

Scott Lavelle Friend

Hey jmll,

You could help out by renaming your post’s subject line to be more descriptive for other people to be able to find it/the answer.

jmll Friend

Hello slavelle,
    I agree, the only excuse for such a title is that I was really lost … can I rename the thread … I am going to check.
    … Well I don’t find the link … if you know how …

Phill Moderator

Nice work everyone. If you do not see the clear cache button at the top then you may have to upgrade the JAT3 plugin. I think the latest version is available for the blank template.

jmll Friend

Hello,
    I tried to do as you advised, upgrade the plugin to 1.2, using JA extension manager and I get this:
    “Errors occured during upgrading, please fix them fist
    Mysql path is not configed
    Mysql Dump path is not configed
    Local repository path is not configed”
    What happened? I dare hardly move anymore … Does “configed” mean “configured”? Do I have to stick my hands inside MySQL? Or lose this morning’s work … Help!
    Kick the bloody thread out of the solved area!!! :((

Phill Moderator

I wish I could move it back but for some reason this one is not letting me.

Anyway, the “Local repositry path is not configured” message means you have selected the loacl repo instead of the JA one in the updater. You will see the option to change this to the right of the screen on the updater component. Change it to point to the JA servers and you will be good to go.

You will not have to loose anything so don’t panic.

jmll Friend

Just as you said; great . Stupid of me to start the upgrade without backing up. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jmll 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum