Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello again,

I just noticed when I click on a category or category/subcategory link removes the category from the URL, example:

websitename.com/category

If I click on a subcategory I loose the top level category (which I don’t want to happen) and I get this:

websitename.com/subcategory

and when I click on an article in the list from the subcategories listing I only see the subcategory:

websitename.com/subcategory/article.html

what I want to see is:

websitename.com/category/subcategory/article.html

The website I’m working on is a rebuild of an existing website and the urls show category/subcategory/article – I won’t nor do we want to be doing any rewrites.

I hope this makes sense and I’ve attached a picture for reference. I use other joomlart templates and do not have this problem, so far only with the Simpli template.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  krumz. Reason: added image

1. ja-simpli-no-category-in-url
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can try switching default template – JA Simpli to a standard template of Joomla like Protostar and see how it goes.

krumz Friend

Hi Thanks Saguaros,

I’ve tried other templates and category/subcategory shows in url. So far JA Simpli is the only one that removes the top level category. If I can’t fix it, we’ll have to switch templates and I don’t want to do that. There must be a way to correct this issue?

Saguaros Moderator

Could you share the credentials of your site so I can take a look?

krumz Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

I can access backend of your site but can’t access on frontend: http://prntscr.com/ioe4ds

If your host limits access from my place, pls add an exception for my IP: 113.190.254.239

krumz Friend

Hello Saguaros

I have called my hosting company and they can find no issues. All my other websites I’m working on can access frontend. My question to you is did you make any changes somewhere regarding this issue and that is the possible reason why the frontend cannot be accessed? This is the only other thing I believe could be the problem as all other site work fine.

Thank you Saguaros for any information you can give me.

By the way, I am able to post again to this reply, I couldn’t earlier because of the the new forum/support setup so below is a link to my same question regarding this issue in the new forum. If we can continue to discuss this here, maybe you want to delete from the new forum?

https://member.joomlart.com/forums/d/102-loosing-top-level-category-in-url

Saguaros Moderator

I replied on that discussion in new forum, kindly follow it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum