Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am looking for a good Authors module to use with this template. does anyone know of any? i looked at the joomla site and only found one good one but it was for 1.X..I am using 1.5

What I would like is for the mod to have a page that would display all of the authors maybe with a pic and description and on any article maybe it would show a few other articles by this author. You can LOOK HERE to see what I want. This is the mod for 1.X i mentioned.

I am kind of surprised this news template would not have one packaged with it.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hmmm…don’t know of a specific module off hand…however you could make a new Contact Category…add your authors as Users in that category and then with just some minor hacking make it look almost exactly like what your wanting with the Tekdi Module.

I know…a little work…but until Tekdi decides to upgrade…IF they do…. 🙂

Just my thoughts,
    John.

spencermjax Friend

that’s alot of work and I am no expert. Thanks for the advice though.

I just can’t believe there is not something out there for this. I used another sites (company) magazine addon in the past and it had a wonderful built in authors section. Overall though, that addon was so complicated and time consuming to use on a regular basis it was not worth it….That’s why I’m here!

lizcam Friend

Have you looked at the ijoomla magazine component?

spencermjax Friend

yes, that is the “other site” I mentioned. I have used that component and tried to use the mdule from that package but it relies on the component. I just don’t think there’s one out there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  spencermjax 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum