Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Thank you for at great template. 🙂
    If I have a logo that is somewhat different in size from the one delivered with the Edenite template source, how do I change the css to make it fit? I have changed the slice in photoshop, but the logo shows up “chopped”. So my questions is what CSS do I need to alter to change the height of the logo area?

Thanks, Skotte

TomC Moderator

If your logo is larger than the default settings, you will need to increase the height of the header section as well.
    (I had to do the same thing – very easy, really)

nkruse Friend

the same question, but where exatly can the height of the header section be increased?

TomC Moderator

<em>@nkruse 45895 wrote:</em><blockquote>the same question, but where exatly can the height of the header section be increased?</blockquote>

Call me crazy, but it just might be . . .

/* HEADER
    --------------------------------------------------------- */
    #ja-header {
    height: 90px;
    line-height: normal;
    position: relative;
    }

😎

I changed the height parameter for my site to “90” from the original “70”
    Works like a charm.

nkruse Friend

y head logo has to be around 80 px, an I also have to increase like this

h1.logo a {
    width: 435px;
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.gif) no-repeat;
    position: absolute;
    height: 82px;
    bottom: 15px;
    left: 0;
    }

TomC Moderator

Good work . . . . Did it work out as you wanted?

lotushost Friend

Hi, I was wondering if you can help me out with this. The height of my logo is the same (42px) but the length is longer at 544px I changed it in the code, but it is not working… any ideas?

#ja-header {
    height: 80px;
    line-height: normal;
    position: relative;
    }

#ja-header a {
    }

h1.logo, h1.logo-text {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    font-size: 200%;
    }

h1.logo a {
    width: 544px;
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.gif) no-repeat;
    position: absolute;
    height: 42px;
    bottom: 15px;
    left: 0;

TomC Moderator

Check in the index.php file where the logo is noted . . . sometimes there are values there you need to fix as well.

Check the “bottom: 15px” setting in the h1.logo a css rule – perhaps that is affecting the display in some way.

Either that, or is there, perhaps, another module/element within your header section that might be conflicting with your logo image position?

lotushost Friend

thanks for the reply. I’m not quite sure. I just did a clean install of this template today and the first thing I wanted to do was to change the logo. I’ll mess around with the codes and see if I can get this off the ground… thanks!

lotushost Friend

just wanted to give everyone a quick update.

I did another fresh install and just changed the value of the width and now it works with no formatting mistakes. I’m not quite sure what was the problem, but everything is ok. Thanks for everyone’s help!:D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lotushost 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum