Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I am Working with this template after been trying to do something functional with some others templates from other companies. Well, the basic thing which it’s to change the logo is almost impossible. Its not only about change the image, but only to resize in the css. But you guys should give a tutorial about what to change. This is because i already change some parameters an things and still cannot discover whats wrong, and ill been working for hours on this and still the same problem, which is, i dunno what to move in the css to have the right measure… when i want to put back the parameters, still the same sh…. thing. Please help… :confused:

1. templateimage
    chavan Friend

you site Url please and have you added the logo to the site ?

marceloleos Friend

thanks for your answer, ive been working in localhost with wamp… im going to upload this…

chavan Friend

let me know once you upload to the server. Pl don’t forget to post your site url here

Sherlock Friend

<em>@marceloleos 326285 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am Working with this template after been trying to do something functional with some others templates from other companies. Well, the basic thing which it’s to change the logo is almost impossible. Its not only about change the image, but only to resize in the css. But you guys should give a tutorial about what to change. This is because i already change some parameters an things and still cannot discover whats wrong, and ill been working for hours on this and still the same problem, which is, i dunno what to move in the css to have the right measure… when i want to put back the parameters, still the same sh…. thing. Please help… :confused:

</blockquote>

Hi marceloleos,

You can follow this instruction http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?74183-How-do-i-finish-setting-up-my-header&p=322450&viewfull=1#post322450 , I hope the solution there would help.

LOPEZ LEGIDOJOSE ANGEL Friend

Dear Sir:
    I am trying to change my website from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5. Currently I am building the site in my own computer (localhost) and use the Mendozite template.
    But, since I do not want the logo of Mendozite, I want to change it for a swf file that is already working in my online Joomla 1.5 site. What I want to know is where do I need to make the change (I suposse it is in blocksheader.php) and what code do I need to delete to make it work.
    I appreciate any help you can give me.
    Yours

Sherlock Friend

Hi LOPEZ,

You are right, the file need to be made change is templates/your_template/blocks/header.php, open that file you should replace this code
    [PHP]
    if ($this->getParam(‘logoType’, ‘image’)==’image’): ?>
    <h1 class=”logo”>
    <a href=”<?php JURI::base(true) ?>” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>
    </h1>
    <?php else:
    $logoText = (trim($this->getParam(‘logoText’))==”) ? $siteName : JText::_(trim($this->getParam(‘logoText’)));
    $sloganText = JText::_(trim($this->getParam(‘sloganText’))); ?>
    <div class=”logo-text”>
    <h1><a href=”<?php JURI::base(true) ?>” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo $logoText; ?></span></a></h1>
    <p class=”site-slogan”><?php echo $sloganText;?></p>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

[/PHP]

By your own defined code for swf .
    Hope you got it !

Sir:
    I just did exactly as you instruct, but the result is negative. The site gives an error in the file index.php. The final result is that nothing is showing in the screen. Then, I replaced the header.php with a backup file and the site returned to normal. I tried it several times just to make sure I was deleting the correct code and replacing it also for the correct code in the correct place. The result has always been negative.
    So, I guess maybe more files are involved.
    I would be grateful if you can help me in this. And I also thank you for the answer you gave me

José A. López Legido

Sherlock Friend

Hi Jose,

Could you let me know which error message occurred after putting the code ? also let me know the code for SWF file., I think something is going wrong with your swf code.

Dear Sir:
    I just installed the template in a completely new localhost site with a new database. The template functioned normally, but when I changed the code to view the swf file, it appears the following message:
    Server error:
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://localhost:8888/test/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

That is the code the computer returns. Now I will give you the code that is working in the online website: http://www.spedify.org

<object height=”65″ width=”500″ codebase=”http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,32,18″ classid=”clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000″>

<param name=”src” value=”/images/stories/logo.swf” />

<param name=”wmode” value=”transparent” />

<param name=”base” value=”/” />

<param name=”name” value=”logo.swf” /><embed height=”65″ width=”500″ name=”logo.swf” base=”/” wmode=”transparent” src=”/images/stories/logo.swf” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash”></embed>

</object>
    The only change I have made in that code is to put the logo.swf file inside the images folder in the medozite template, and therefore change the /images/stories/logo.swf code for templates/ja_mendozite/images/logo.swf in both places it appears.
    Again. This code is working normally in the online site, so, I guess there is nothing wrong with it.
    Thanks a lot

José A. Lopez Legido

zeeshah Friend

Hello,

I’m a newbie to Joomla and developing websites in general. What is the easiest way for me to upload my logo and replace the standard mendozite one? I see the option in the template, where I can choose between “text” or “image” for logo, but where can I upload the actual image?

Is there a way I can upload my logo without doing any PHP stuff?

Thanks!

Stork11 Friend

<em>@zeeshah 328540 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I’m a newbie to Joomla and developing websites in general. What is the easiest way for me to upload my logo and replace the standard mendozite one? I see the option in the template, where I can choose between “text” or “image” for logo, but where can I upload the actual image?

Is there a way I can upload my logo without doing any PHP stuff?

Thanks!</blockquote>
    Hello zeeshah,

Logo file is located in “/templates/ja_mendozite/images/” folder. It’s “/templates/ja_mendozite/images/logo.png” file. You can upload a PNG image file to that folder on your server.

Best regards.

zeeshah Friend

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, but I still cant find the folder. I went into template manager of mendozite and could not find any such folder.

Can you please provide instructions from the back-end “Control Panel”?

Thanks again!

Stork11 Friend

<em>@zeeshah 328682 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, but I still cant find the folder. I went into template manager of mendozite and could not find any such folder.

Can you please provide instructions from the back-end “Control Panel”?

Thanks again!</blockquote>
    Hello zeeshah,

You can’t use Joomla Back-end to manage your Joomla folder on server. You need to log in to your server by using FTP or file manager on your hosting provider site to upload your logo.

Best regards.

arkanjie Friend

Hi there,

I also want to change logo in this template. I know how to do it, replacing image .png in templates/ja_mendozite/images but if I want to change the size… I would need to edit css. And the problem is logo is called by a dinamic css generated in t3-assets, so I can’t edit this css file.

How can I edit the logo size? I think there is not any parameter in template.css or similar..
    Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  mybeni 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum