Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

In my case, when I’ve gone to something like this, I’ve just modified the header.php in the templates section, moved the mainnav code into that file and adjust the col-xs-12 (etc) and removed the wrapper from that nav code. Then in the default-content-left.php (or whichever one you are using), remove the call to the loadBlock(‘mainnav’) so that it doesn’t load that independently any more.

Then you will have to adjust css and such to make it line up correctly. Of course, this is a modification of the template, but I find it a better solution since then the mainnav is IN the header rather than making the css play with things to put them where I want them and all other functions of the site just work instead of discovering later that the logo doesn’t work right.

Another option would be to make an image link as the first menu item with no text and remove the logo from the header (or the whole header for that matter) from the default-content-left.php (or whatever). In this case, your navbar would act completely natural to its design. Of course, you would then nee to modify a module to appear at the top of the site when the navbar collapses or you would have no logo on the top any more.

Does any of that make sense?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Scott Lavelle Friend

By the way, the reason your menu is no longer working is because the logo image block/div is now taking up the whole width of the site and sitting on top of the whole mainnav (because of the z-index) which makes the nav items non-clickable. This is one of the very reasons why I’m suggesting modifying the template files rather than trying to get a div to sit on top of another div – outside of the natural flow of the page.

Hope this helps.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Lavelle 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum