Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody. I didn’t see answers of my problems here so I write some questions but I don’t know if I’m allowed to. So, feel free to tell me my rights.
    After finishing my page http://www.madeinet hiopia.info, I went inside Theme Customizer and Layout Configuration to try some last changement before to come back to my initial configuration. But many things didn’t come back to initial view. Can you help me to answer some question?
    Why my logo desapeared ?
    Why my english page by clicking on British flag bring me not to "index.php/en" page but to "index.php/en/2-pages…" ?
    Why some pictures go upper their size on mobile mode ?
    Why some text in module are on the side of picture when it was under in initial view, or reverse.
    Thanks to those who have answers.
    Anyway, many thanks for this template.
    Mat

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

I’m not sure of what did you do on your site but you can rollback any configuration before that on your site, see my screenshot

Regards

1. Screen-Shot-2016-07-13-at-11.54.08
    mathias Friend

Ninja,
    Thank you for this answer.
    I tried to come back for each save of the 7 last days but something looks like broken. I don’t see my logo anymore and that happened 3 days ago. I tried to change image, size, cancelled position, … No result and it’s the same for UK language index page. I’m thinking to do a new intallation but it was a week of work.
    Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

Do you make a backup version on your site? You can find and copy all revisions from both folders from your backup

media/ja_simpli/revisions/styles/
    media/ja_simpli/revisions/layouts/
    mathias Friend

Thank you for your answer. I got Media on my FTP but I really don’t know what it is. My website is under construction and I did only the first page. So I didn’t do backup or save yet.
    how can I use /media/ja_simpli/revisions

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

When you change the configuration from the backend of template and it will be auto restore the backup to /media/ja_simpli/revisions folder(only the configuration in JA Simpli template)

In during time to build your website, you need to make a backup all files on your site. I will help you to rollback when you get the problem on your site.

If you didn’t make a backup maybe you have to try to do this again.

Regards

mathias Friend

Thank you for your answer.
    I didn’t understand all because my english is poor. I don’t really know exactly what is a backup on my site. Does it mean to save FTP and MySQL Base?
    Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

I didn’t use as your way and I used Akeeba Backup to backup all Joomla site.

About the lose of data on your site, maybe you need to add it again and always make a backup version on your site.

mathias Friend

Thank you for your answer. I can’t anymore do a backup because something is broken. I got an intermediary solution : I desabled Header and put my Logo in another module with Navigation position. I will let it like that the time to do a new installation. But I’m not sure Simpli is already working properly with my configuration because I did 6 previous installations without to get a proper result.
    Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

This way will help you to reinstall JA Simpli template and sample data and don’t forget to make a backup version on your site before doing.

mathias Friend

Thank you.

GeoVi Friend

This happened to me six hours ago. I have failed to make a backup. My logo disappeared when I brought the site from maintenance/offline to live/online, ready to relaunch. NO LOGO! I am panicked. I will make a backup now and try one of the configuration rollback instructions given. I pray it works.

Thanks for the post and information.

GeoVi Friend

I found the revisions to the template. The files have an .nvp extension. How do I upload it to the site and where? The latest one on the backend of Joomla did nothing but my host had a backup.

GeoVi Friend

I would really like to get help with this issue.
    While I love the template, it is a bit ‘buggy’. I know I did nothing for the logo to disappear.
    I went from offline to online and it was gone. I decided to use the logo as a banner at the top.
    But on my iPad, iPhone and in Chrome, part of the logo is shown in the logo position. (see attached)
    I am clueless. No part of it is shown in the logo position on Firefox. When I use firebug, I get no logo
    info in html or css in the logo position. I did not delete any files or make any changes. On the backend,
    it shows the logo in its place.

Can someone one PLEASE help? Thank you.

Regards,
    Geovi
    site: http://www.geovishome.org

1. geovis-header
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Geovi,

That’s a problem from your customize and not bug our product. You can use this way to fix this bug

Open media/ja_simpli/css/custom-styles/13.css file

find and change

a.logo strong {
        background: url(/images/logo.png) no-repeat;
        text-indent: -999em;
    }

to

a.logo strong {
        text-indent: -999em;
    }

Hope it helps

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GeoVi 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum