Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated –

I’m trying to change the logo in this template and edited the Template CSS file accordingly, changing image (newlogo.jpg) for the new logo. I also deleted the default (JA GRAPHITE) logo from the file. Still no luck with changing it and the default logo still appeared. . .

Therefore, I was advised the issue you may be the “particular color theme” so I went into teh theme folder and landed in the BLUE theme folder and went in and edited the CSS accordingly. As a result, the default (JA Graphite) logo was finally removed, although my logo never popoulated.

Has anyone had this issue and more importantly, desperately seeking a viable solution to add our logo in order to launch the site.

Thank you!!!

n6rej Friend

yeah this can be a bit daunting ( T3 ) at first.. please read this wiki and it will explain very clearly how to do things like that. when it says “user-theme” u can call it anything you like… just realize the name matters.

pavit Moderator

Hi

there are 2 possible causes for this

1) your logo is not in the right folder

2) You have not cleared your JaT3 cache

eckardt212 Friend

I cleared teh JaT3 cache and place the logo in the image file within this template; /templates/ja_graphite/images

Same place as default logo. . .

I’ll look at it again and thanks for your responses.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Could you provide a link to your page ?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

The new logo will need proper CSS in order to override the logo of the default theme. Open the user-theme/css/template.css file and paste this code inside:

/* Logo Image ---*/
    h1.logo { width: 118px; height: 28px; padding:20px 0; margin-left:0;} // change here the width and height of the logo according to yours

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/user-logo.png) no-repeat left; // change here the file-name according to your logo
    width: 118px; // change here the width of the logo according to yours
    height: 28px; // change here the height of the logo according to yours

}

n6rej Friend

The important thing to note is that ”

/user-logo.png ” MUST be the name of YOUR logo file. If yours is LoGo.png it won’t work .. if its logo.gif it won’t work.
    wwhatever the name of YOUR logo file MUST be whats in .css

219com Friend

I have followed all the instructions in here and now not only do I still have the JA Graphics logo on the page, it’s about 200px lower than it’s original location. This is my 3rd JA template and I have a heck of a time changing logos. I’ve changed it in the image folder, I’ve changed the CSS and I even uploaded it into my media folder. NOTHING.

I’ve cut and pasted the CSS provided and changed out the image file name, etc…

Still NADA!

ANY OTHER suggestions?

The URL is http://www.wholelottafood.com

Thank you

pavit Moderator

Hi 219com

The default path for the logo as shown in our demo site is /templates/ja_graphite/images/logo.png

all width and height settings are in /templates/ja_graphite/css/template.css around line 320

h1.logo a {
    background: url("../images/logo.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
    display: block;
    height: 55px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    width: 174px;
    }

219com Friend

Thank you,

I’ve changed all that and still nothing. I don’t know what else to do. I have this same problem every time. It’s incredibly frustrating.

pavit Moderator

Hi

could you send me your ftp account via PM i can do it for you

TomC Moderator

Our of curiosity …. Do you have “Optimize CSS” set to “Yes” within your Template Manager?

If so, try setting it to “No” … clear JAT3 cache and your browser cache … refresh your page.

Just a thought.

219com Friend

Tom,

Thanks, I did that and still nothing. I’m going let Pavit give it a shot and see if I’ve missed something.

Thank you though

pavit Moderator

Hi 219

I have positioned the original one it’s 55 x 174

if you want a logo like that, you must have an image with these dimensions otherwise you must increase the height of the header and is not beautiful to see because at that point all menu items will be more larger in header position

219com Friend

Ok, if I recreate the logo, what file should I put it in so that it shows up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum