Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi. I have a stable site with the Rochea template that is facing user/password validation problems.

If I enter the right user and password it validates it perfectly and redirects to the login restricted predefined page. But if I enter a blank or invalid user and password it doesn’t validates, just redirects to the restricted predefined page, with no message, no validation at all.

The joomla site is running the latest 1.5.18 version if a linux server hosted by HostGator.com

Thanks in advance for your support.

Alfredo Pineiro
    alfredopineiro@gmail.com

Phan Gam Friend

Hi apineiro,

Really sorry about this problem , you can fix it following way below :

1. Open index.php file in templates/ja_rochea folder
    2. Find following code line <jdoc:include type=”component” /> and insert <jdoc:include type=”message” /> to obove <jdoc:include type=”component” /> (about line 191).

3. If you want to overwrite message style, you can open file template.css in templates/ja_rochea/css folder
    and add css code section bellow:

#system-message dd.message {
    text-indent: 0;
    }

#system-message dd.message ul,
    #system-message dd.error ul,
    #system-message dd.notice ul {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    background: none;
    border: none;
    }

#system-message dd.message ul li,
    #system-message dd.error ul li,
    #system-message dd.notice ul li {
    background: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

Sorry again about it, we will update it in template package soon.
    Thank you for your report!

apineiro Friend

Thanks for your response.

Well, the lack of error messages during the login validation was solved, thank you so much for that, but we still have problems with the login redirection. Even if user and/or password is incorrect, it still redirects to the restricted page, the one that is configured in the login module as the login redirection page.

Thanks once again for your great support!

Alfredo

Phan Gam Friend

Hi,

I think this is problem belong to Joomla core. (you can see problem on login() function of com_user/controller.php about line 146)
    Please contact with Joomla developer to have best answer Or you can search a extension to solve this problem on http://extensions.joomla.org .

Good luck for you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phan Gam 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum