Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hallo Joomlart,

if you wan`t make any future extension, it could be “Extended login module”.
    Login module could support:
    twitter login
    facebook login
    google login
    myspace login
    + if you want
    windows live id login
    linked in login

Make this login options is in the joomla website very dificult to implementation.
    Thank you for answer

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi,

We already have JA RPX now (now renamed to Janrain ), which supports these logins. It lets user use the >> http://www.janrain.com features.

We use it for JA Comments, JA Voice and JA JobBoard (i guess) and is available to JAEC and JA Developer members.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=352

See in live action HERE.

We got this extension for almost 1-2 years.

Arvind

ghostik Friend

hmm, this is good solution, bud:
    1. external supplier
    2. http://www.janrain.com/products/engage/get-janrain-engage
    If I have more than 2500 users, then I’ll have to pay $ 100 a year.
    Unfortunately it will be a non-profit project, bud this is probably the best solution

Paul Massell Friend

I agree and Joomla has some existing, built-in support for this so why add another level of complexity by relying upon a 3rd party? You are already using the API of a 3rd source when you use the FB API, why throw RPX/Janrain in the mix? Then if you have to pay for the privilege, even less attractive. Even a modestly succeful member site can quickly gather 2500 users just on forum spammers and multi level marketing signups. Paying for that would be adding insult to injury.

Essentially the JA solution is throwing a mask on the Janrain solution which is throwing a mask on the vendor API. Not very elegant at all and way too many potential points of failure.

The JA Extended Login component could have a plugin for each API – Facebook, Twitter, OpenID, LinkedIn etc.

<em>@ghostik 218871 wrote:</em><blockquote>hmm, this is good solution, bud:
    1. external supplier
    2. http://www.janrain.com/products/engage/get-janrain-engage
    If I have more than 2500 users, then I’ll have to pay $ 100 a year.
    Unfortunately it will be a non-profit project, bud this is probably the best solution</blockquote>

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi xenocast,

I fully agree with you, but we developed JA rpxnow / janrain for distribution with our component JA JobBoard, as it was one of the requirement. JobBoard component is expensive and has specific target group, so one buying such component would not mind paying for a 3rd party gateway for providing more login option for his users.

We released it as part of JAEC also, so that JAEC and JA developer members can benefit too. We do not have any plans for now to develop a new component on our own to do the same work.

Arvind

Paul Massell Friend

As a paying customer of your JobBoard component, I disagree for the exact same reasons. Why add more complexity and cost for no good reason?

As far as “the same work” it is not. The component as suggested would be superior because it would be eliminating an unnecessary third party that has little in terms of value added and a significant downside where you are essentially penalized financially for success.

<em>@drarvindc 220684 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi xenocast,

I fully agree with you, but we developed JA rpxnow / janrain for distribution with our component JA JobBoard, as it was one of the requirement. JobBoard component is expensive and has specific target group, so one buying such component would not mind paying for a 3rd party gateway for providing more login option for his users.

We released it as part of JAEC also, so that JAEC and JA developer members can benefit too. We do not have any plans for now to develop a new component on our own to do the same work.

Arvind</blockquote>

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

I am sorry. We are not developing such extension at this stage. To use Janrain / rpxnow is purely optional and was provided on request by members. There must be other alternatives which you are free to use.

Arvind

Paul Massell Friend

Hey, it’s a Request & Wishlist forum right? Not arguing with you. I understand it is optional – obviously and I don’t need to be patronized with being told that I am free to use other options. Really?

So this is feedback from your customers/community. Good businesses understand how valuable that is. YOU are free to do with it what you will. You’re welcome.

<em>@drarvindc 220711 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am sorry. We are not developing such extension at this stage. To use Janrain / rpxnow is purely optional and was provided on request by members. There must be other alternatives which you are free to use.

Arvind</blockquote>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Massell 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum