Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi. I am using the ja_cooper template and have a problem with my login module. The login module worked perfectly when the website was hosted on the old server, but the client changed to another hosting company and now the login module does not want to work.

Can you maybe suggest a login module that i can download and try?

Thanks in advance

uniquebiz Friend

ooweboo;183210Hi. I am using the ja_cooper template and have a problem with my login module. The login module worked perfectly when the website was hosted on the old server, but the client changed to another hosting company and now the login module does not want to work.

Can you maybe suggest a login module that i can download and try?

Thanks in advance

It would be better to find out why the module is not working with the newer host?
    this saves adding a different possible non compatible module.

First give us a url so we can check what versions of Apache, SQL, PHP the new host uses or you make those queries, then as you know the old host name check what they use and compare the two before running and getting different modules?

Blessings Shannon

ooweboo Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 183230 wrote:</em><blockquote>It would be better to find out why the module is not working with the newer host?
    this saves adding a different possible non compatible module.

First give us a url so we can check what versions of Apache, SQL, PHP the new host uses or you make those queries, then as you know the old host name check what they use and compare the two before running and getting different modules?

Blessings Shannon</blockquote>

Hi Shannon – the url is http://www.camelia.co.za
    i would like to post the username and password, but with the new joomlart site – i cannot find the option to add the secure information? Where can i find that option. thanks alot

uniquebiz Friend

Hi ooweboo
    without the login module being published (and active) I cannot see what effects it has on the site or if it generates a javascript error etc please enable the login module

ooweboo Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 184837 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ooweboo
    without the login module being published (and active) I cannot see what effects it has on the site or if it generates a javascript error etc please enable the login module</blockquote>

Thanks for your quick reply. I have activated the login module on the following page:
    http://www.camelia.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=82

Thank you very much, kind regards

questbg Friend

Tried it and it seems to be giving 404 errors?

Has the URL of the Login / Logout redirection pages changed since you changed provider?

If so, you will have to reopen the module and reselect the appropriate new pages.

However, this could lead to even bigger problems if all the URL’s of existing pages have been affected.

uniquebiz Friend

As Chris points out there are errors including IIS servers errors so you are using a windoes server rather than a Linux one?

I see you are not using the JA cooper default login panel, and as such the code for your panel doesn’t call the mod_login or com_user areas that the default cooper login does, which may be your problem?

Blessings Shannon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum