Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve done this before and had to do a reinstall but now I have come too far along to lose my database now. Any ideas?

I’m getting:

This site is temporarily unavailable.
    Please notify the System Administrator
    Could not connect to the database server

gegit Friend

Ok, new question. What file do I look in to find the “offline” / “online” option? I’m thinking that I’m stuck in offline mode, which I admit I put the site in offline before my last log on.

kashxo Friend

This seems like some kinds of database problem. Have you install any components or modules before it down??

gegit Friend

No, not when it was working last. One of the last things I did was make the site offline which now it seems to be stuck in. I did, at first, get an administrator login but it kept telling me that my login information was incorrect and would go to the

” This site is temporarily unavailable.
    Please notify the System Administrator
    Could not connect to the database server”

The database is there so I’m guessing that something got changed on site-side. This is becoming a real drag.

gegit Friend

Fixed the problem. For those of you that have the same problem and everything else fails then try this:

Create a new database (without deleting the current database) and then reinstall (JA Larix w/Virtuemart in my case) the package from JA using the newly created database information. By the way… make sure that the database user is the same for both, reduces steps this way. This database is only temporary so don’t worry. After this installation is complete, verify that you are able to login using the new database, not that it really matters but it’s nice to see it working again. Log back out and now edit the configuration.php file in your site’s root directory and change $mosConfig_db = ‘temp_db’;

(‘temp_db’ is to be replaced with the name of your original database)

Tada!… now go back to your administration login page and login with that database’s credentials and all should be as it was before the hiccup. If you can’t login then you likely need to reset your password.

kashxo Friend

Congratz, you’ve learned something after this, haven’t you? 😀

gegit Friend

Yep!… hope this helps others avoid the frustration.

ErikThorsen Friend

Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ErikThorsen 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum