Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I´ve been fighting 2 hours with LiveEdit.
    I have a slideshow in the top of each of the pages.
    In order to keep the same look, I designed first the slider in one page, and then replicate it to the others with the following method:
    1.- duplicate the slider in the top area of origin page;
    2.- move the duplicated slidet to the header of the template;
    3.- publish the page
    4.- using EDIT PAGE red button in the frontpage I open the destination page;
    5.- I move the slider from the header to the top area and modify texts and images.
    6.- I publish changes in the destination page.

BUT, for some reason I can not figure out, at step 4 I use to find surprases, like the header has both sliders instead of 1, or even worse when I open again the destination page I find the slider is missing.

I tried Chrome and Explorer with same problems.

Can you please help me?
    Thanks,
    Carlos

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Carlos,

Did you try the import/export feature of JA Builder? For example, you create a page called A with that slider > export the page, then when you create another page, just import the exported file and edit the new page.

Regards

carlosboni Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Not in this case, because only 2 of the 5 pages are "pure" ja_builder pages; the rest are joomla standard pages of the menu (category blogs) that I assign ja_builder template and then add a few modules with ja_builder.

I took that decision since there is not a ja_builder block to show joomla category blog or articles.

If this is not a good way of using ja_builder, let me know, and maybe I will need to create modules to show those joomla native category-articles and include them in ja_builder blocks.

I wait for your answer before moving forward; I have to finish soon the design and was caught by Easter holidays!

Thanks,
    Carlos

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Carlos,

Could you share the credentials of your site and tell me the page you’re working on? I will check for you.

carlosboni Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  carlosboni 6 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum