Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m currently developing this site http://www.jandmgroup.co.uk

I’ve got a lot of content in there so far but links to articles from the front page of the site aren’t working. Specifically, it’s links appearing in the JA News Pro, Ticker, Tabs (latest and most read) and the recent/latest sections of the menus.

Links to category blogs which have menu items work fine. e.g. links in “magazine” menu:
    Advice -> Codes of Practice
    Members Directory -> Sandwich Manufacturers

Where there are links in the JA News Pro section which correspond to those category links in the menu, they work.

Menu items pointing directly to articles also work e.g.:
    Magazine -> Free Trial

However links to those articles (or any other articles) in the ticker, latest news, news pro sections don’t work.

All of the links from the front page which do not work end with “Itemid=490” 490 is the id of the Home link in the “magazine” menu which is a featured articles “All Categories” menu item.

From any other page in the site, for instance http://www.jandmgroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=686:planete-pain&catid=110&Itemid=661 all of the links work. It is only those on the front page which are a problem.

I spent most of yesterday trying to find a solution but I’m stuck so can anyone help please?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi peteward,

Articles (or category these articles belongs to) in these modules must be assigned to a menu item so that it can direct to details article page when you click, this is default function of Joomla.

Please try to create a new menu item (or use existing one) and assign articles to this menu item, also make sure that you don’t assign module to this menu item.

Regards

peteward Friend

<em>@Saguaros 401483 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi peteward,

Articles (or category these articles belongs to) in these modules must be assigned to a menu item so that it can direct to details article page when you click, this is default function of Joomla.

Please try to create a new menu item (or use existing one) and assign articles to this menu item, also make sure that you don’t assign module to this menu item.

Regards</blockquote>

Thanks for the response.

I have already created a menu item for each category in the site that these articles belong to. My categories are nested, do I need to create a menu item for all the parent categories?

Hopefully I don’t need to make a menu item for each article, that would be a bit of a chore.

Thanks again,
    Pete

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Pete,

Please try to assign each category to one menu item. If you don’t want to use menu item visible in the main menu, you can create a new menu named ‘hidden’ menu and create its menu items then proceed to assign category / article to it.

Regards

peteward Friend

<em>@Saguaros 401664 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Pete,

Please try to assign each category to one menu item. If you don’t want to use menu item visible in the main menu, you can create a new menu named ‘hidden’ menu and create its menu items then proceed to assign category / article to it.

Regards</blockquote>

Thanks, I have checked to make sure there is a menu item for every category now but still have the same problem.

Pete

Saguaros Moderator

I’m checking this issue, pls give me more time, I will be back to you once having solution.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi peteward,

I have spent lot of time to check the problem on your site and cause the problem from:

+ Many menu items appear with a category

+ Look at Hidden and magazine menus on your site.

If possible, you can remove other menus which you don’t use on your site and make a menu item appear with a category. The problem on your site will be fixed.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum