Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Has anyone had links from the menus stop working? The links take you to pages that “cannot be displayed”. This happened after we edited the contact page. Currently I’m using ja_avior_ex. I’m open to suggestions. Thanks.

Khanh Le Moderator

Please post your live site url here.
    Thanks,

edwards1 Friend

Thanks. The url is http://richmondcommunity.net.

Try the home, search, contact links and you’ll find them giving a page not displayed message.

Khanh Le Moderator

You turn on your SEF, however, your SEF does not work. Please remember to place .htaccess file to your root folder (maybe rename file htaccess.txt to .htaccess).

edwards1 Friend

What is the best way to fix this? The htaccess file is correct as you instructed. Overwrite some files? Appreciate your help.

Buster Friend

Have you also set your “Global Configuration” SEO tab to “Search Engine Friendly URL’s”?

edwards1 Friend

Buster you’re the man. That did it. Apparently my assistant set SEO and caused the problem. Thanks very much.

Buster Friend

You might want to re-think your text in the header “about us”. You have used a Serif font, which makes it a little difficult to read. I suggest a Sans Serif like Arial, Verdana or Tahoma – with Tahoma being the most cross-browser friendly.

I would also lose the .net bit of your logo, the viewer is already on your site so they don’t need to be told retrospectively – it also looks better from an aesthetic point of view.

I would also suggest going into your configuration.php file and changing live site to add the www.

A couple of spelling corrections and you are away!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Buster 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum