Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve already tried looking through the forum for an answer, but it seems that there’s no direct solution or the thread never got solved.

I was wondering if it’s possible to link the whole “facebook-like” iframe (FB custom module) or even the FB-logo.png on the home-1 position to link up to my FB page and have it open in another window?

Currently, you hover over the box and the mouse turns into a hand, but when you click, nothing happens. The only thing you can seem to do is to push the “Like” FB button, but it doesn’t actually take you to the FB page. Please help!

chavan Friend

I hope you are asking for a facebook like box and some activity on it

for this try to add this Module JA Facebook Like Box Module
    ( http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-facebook-like-box-module ) to position home-1

phutikanit Friend

No… all I want is the Facebook Module to be clickable so when I click on it, it goes to my facebook page in a new tab. Is this something that’s not achievable?

chavan Friend

For this you can create a custom html module on the home-1 position and add a facebook image and link it to the facebook page Url. I hope this would do what you asked.

phutikanit Friend

I think I’ve figured it out for whoever wants to do the same thing. If you want to make your Facebook module on home-1 clickable to your Facebook page (opens in a new window) and still keep your Like Button active, this is the code that I used.

First, in your Custom HTML Module, add this code…

<div class="facebook-like">
    <a href= "http://www.facebook.com/yourfacebookaccount" target="_blank"></a>
    <iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com/yourfacebookaccount%2F&width=150&height=21&colorscheme=light&layout=button_count&action=like&show_faces=false&send=false" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:150px; height:21px; position: relative; z-index:10;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
    </div>

Then in your custom.css file, you should add…

.facebook-like a {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    text-decoration: none;
    z-index: 1;
    background-color: #FFF
    opacity: 0;
    filter: alpha(opacity=1);
    }

Hope this helps!

okiud Friend

Where i can find the custom.css file?

<em>@phutikanit 426283 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think I’ve figured it out for whoever wants to do the same thing. If you want to make your Facebook module on home-1 clickable to your Facebook page (opens in a new window) and still keep your Like Button active, this is the code that I used.

First, in your Custom HTML Module, add this code…

<div class="facebook-like">
    <a href= "http://www.facebook.com/yourfacebookaccount" target="_blank"></a>
    <iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com/yourfacebookaccount%2F&width=150&height=21&colorscheme=light&layout=button_count&action=like&show_faces=false&send=false" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:150px; height:21px; position: relative; z-index:10;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
    </div>

Then in your custom.css file, you should add…

.facebook-like a {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    text-decoration: none;
    z-index: 1;
    background-color: #FFF
    opacity: 0;
    filter: alpha(opacity=1);
    }

Hope this helps!</blockquote>

phutikanit Friend

You actually have to go in and make your own custom.css file. It doesn’t come with the template.

Go to /templates/ja_fixel/css and you want add a “new file” and name it “custom.css”. This is where you are going to put all your custom css code that’s going to override your original code. Hope this helps!

<em>@okiud 429139 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where i can find the custom.css file?</blockquote>

wouterdm Friend

@phutikanit
    Is the code that you suggest still reliable? For the moment it doens’t seem to work for me. I can’t even get a blue tile.

What I did:
    – I made the custom HTML-file as in the example with my own link
    – I added the custom.css in the directory of css and the css directory of my specific theme style.
    – Because the tile didn’t show up I added a referende to the style sheet in the head section. But without result.

wouterdm Friend

@phutikanit
    Is the code that you suggest still reliable? For the moment it doens’t seem to work for me. I can’t even get a blue tile.

What I did:
    – I made the custom HTML-file as in the example with my own link
    – I added the custom.css in the directory of css and the css directory of my specific theme style.
    – Because the tile didn’t show up I added a referende to the style sheet in the head section. But without result.

phutikanit Friend

Hi wouterdm

It still works for me and I haven’t changed the code since this post, but I’m also running Joomla 2.5. What are you using?

phutikanit Friend

Hi wouterdm

It still works for me and I haven’t changed the code since this post, but I’m also running Joomla 2.5. What are you using?

wouterdm Friend

Well, I’m using joomla 3.4.4. Would that be a problem?

<em>@phutikanit 489828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi wouterdm

It still works for me and I haven’t changed the code since this post, but I’m also running Joomla 2.5. What are you using?</blockquote>

wouterdm Friend

Well, I’m using joomla 3.4.4. Would that be a problem?

<em>@phutikanit 489828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi wouterdm

It still works for me and I haven’t changed the code since this post, but I’m also running Joomla 2.5. What are you using?</blockquote>

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wouterdm 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum