Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Strange behavior of the link from the website logo to the homepage after the update from Joomla 3.4.8 to 3.5.

• Hover on the logo and you see that it links to the homepage.
    • Click on the menu or an article and hover of click then on the logo: now the logo links to the menu or category or article you choose just before.

In Joomla 3.4.8 there is no problem; the logo always links to the homepage.
    There were no further changes.

To be absolutely sure I restored the Joomla 3.4.8 version of the website and I saw that the behavior of the logo was correct. I updated again to Joomla 3.5 and then the link from the logo showed again this strange behavior.
    So it must be the combination of the template and Joomla 3.5.
    Please help me.

1. logo-to-homepage
    isabelgica Friend

Yep! I have exactely the same problem!
    (www.ivdb.be)

monitoring updates….

thx!
    brgds, Isabel

Nils Evert Friend

Same here, just replying to be notified of follow-ups.

vinkers Friend

I see there are more tickets on this issue and I found an answer from the moderator:

Do not update the live site if you are facing problem with latest J3.5 .
    Team is working on the template updates for latest Joomla and it will be released soon .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi yes please wait for official update of the template and do not update your lives site as they are not read for Joomla .
    For logo issue here is temp. fix .
    Go to /tpls/block/header.php in the template folder .
    Find this code

<a href="<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>">

replace it with

<a href="<?php echo JURI::base( ) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>">

Hope it help .

isabelgica Friend

Thanks… I did work for me..!

However: looking forward to the template update as there seem to be more things behaving strange since the update…

Rgds,
    Isabel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  isabelgica 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum