Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello: new to Joomla and can’t figure out how to hold and reference an “article” in the database that is NOT on a menu . . . and unlinked page – that I can use for say a PayPal Thank You page.

I’m sure the solution is simple – just not to my brain. Thanks for patience!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi ganoga

I am sorry but i don’t understand your idea. If possible, please let me in detail.

cjmicro Friend

If you click on one of your other articles you will get the URL for that, and can just substitute the article id# for the one you want to show.

For example:

http://www.site.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61:hidden-fox-hunter-show-this-saturday&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=78

Maybe there is an easier way but that should help.
    Cheryl

Cheryl

ganoga Friend

Cheryl, thanks . . . I’ll look through that but I am using SEF. When I lnked to the article on a menu, grabbed the URL reference , then unlinked the artcle at the menu level, the article came up 404 – not existent. The “hidden” in your referrnce looks interesting . . .

Thanks for your thought . . .

ganoga Friend

Thanks all – have figured it out: turn off SEF, link the page in a menu, get the URL, de-link in the menu, turn SEF back on and use that link with anyarticle’s ID.

That was my solution . . .

cjmicro Friend

I think when you click from a menu it shows other things in the url which would make sense why it won’t show. Looks like you got it worked out but seems like there should be an easier way!! 🙂

Do you think the hidden using the alias is to help search engines even though not using sef?

Cheryl

ganoga Friend

Don’t we always wish that it were more understandable. Thanks, e

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ganoga 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum