Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I would like to automatically link the image of the article in the Blog layout to the full article (in other words, when I click on the image it is like clicking on the title or the read more).
    By the way, I use Joomla 1.6 & JA Teline III v2
    Thanks for your help 🙂

khoand Friend

Hi,
    Replace this code in <joomla url>modulesmod_janewsprotmpltelineiiiblog_item.php file

<?php echo $row->image; ?>
    with

<a href="<?php echo $row->link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags(($maxchars > strlen($row->introtext1)) ? $row->introtext : $row->introtext1);?>">
    <?php echo $row->image; ?>
    </a>

actu9 Friend

Thanks khoand, but I think this problem is already solved for my part. Indeed, if I understand well, this change link the images in the frontpage of JA News Pro module articles.
    What I need is to link the images of the other pages (all except the frontpage) whn using Blog layout display.
    You can see more precisely what I need on the website still in construction http://www.actu9.be.
    As you can see, the images on the frontpage are already linked. The problem is with the images on the other pages (for example http://www.actu9.be/belgique.
    Thanks for your help 😉

Ninja Lead Moderator

I find no easy way to link only the image, but by doing this you can link both the image and the descrition:
    open : templatesja_teline_iii_v2htmlcom_contentsectionblog_item.php
    find:

<div class="article-content">
    echo $this->escape($this->item->params->get( 'pageclass_sfx' )); ?>">
    <?php if (isset ($this->item->toc)) : ?>
    <?php echo $this->item->toc; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php echo $this->item->text; ?>
    </div>

change to:

<a style="font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none;" href="<?php echo $this->item->readmore_link; ?>" class="contentpagetitle<?php echo $this->escape($this->item->params->get( 'pageclass_sfx' )); ?>">
    <?php endif; ?>
    </a>
    </div>

actu9 Friend

Hi hungnd,
    Thanks for your reply, but I use Joomla 1.6 so I don’t have the same files content as in your reply (for instance, there is no sections anymore, etc.).
    Cheers

Ninja Lead Moderator

yes actu9 thats true because I forgot telling you to copy
    pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaulthtmlcom_content
    to
    templatesja_teline_iii_v2html
    thats the initial step.

actu9 Friend

Thanks, I can do that but I have no “SECTION” file in pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaulthtmlcom_content.
    What I have is ARCHIVE, ARTICLE, CATEGORIES, CATEGORY and FEATURED. And I don’t find the code
    echo $this->escape($this->item->params->get( 'pageclass_sfx' )); ?>">
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

in any of those files…

Ninja Lead Moderator

Okay then you are using 1.6 version, the guide should be:
    copy: pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaulthtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php
    to: templatesja_teline_iiihtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php
    then open templatesja_teline_iiihtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php, find this:

<?php echo $this->item->introtext; ?>

change to:

<a style="font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; color: black;" href="<?php echo JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid)); ?>">
    <?php echo $this->item->introtext; ?>
    </a>

actu9 Friend

Thanks a lot hungnd !!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  actu9 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum