Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have been succesfully been able to have my photo gallery (highslides) to load from a database of members. What I would like to do is to have someone to be able to:
    1.) click on the thumbnails to enlarge the image
    2.) After the image is enlarged, have a caption that reads somethink like “See Profile”
    3.) When the view clicks the image or the caption, they are reidrected to an external page.

Is this possible and if so hoowww?

Thanks.

nathanbohn Friend

well anything is possible, just need to code it to do so. Unless it does something very similiar now, of which I kinda doubt, you will need to recode it.

1. You could prolly include a light box javascript function to blow up the images from their thumbnail. or even a link in a new window.
    2. if your using js, you could add a layer or div if your using html or php, etc..
    3. depending on which method you add in, you could grab the user id attatched to the photo and then redirect them to the corresponding members.

so looks like you may want to do some php work etc… If you dont feel like coding you may look for a freelancer.

hmmmm3 Friend

Thanks nathan,

Im using the Highside module that comes with Trona. i should have mentioned this, but it already has features to enlarge the image. What seems to be missing from it is the ability to add captions and url links to those captions. That is where Im really stuck.

-JD

hmmmm3 Friend

So I was able to get something to finally work. I didn’t modify the credits link..instead i added a header. I use Trona and what I did was to use a tag called hs.headingEval. More info about this tag can be found at “http://highslide.com/ref/hs.headingEval”

On my site, I read my images from a database of users and I wanted a link to go from the pictures to the users profile on another site. The site is no where near finished, but take a look at the highslide gallery by visiting http://www.roommatesillustrated.com Im not sure if this is the best approach but its a temporary solution. Any feedback is welcome.

Inside my ja_highslide.php code I added the line:
    $headtag[] =”hs.headingEval = ”<a href=”mydestinationurl.com” target=”_blank”> Click Here To View Profile</a>”;”;

What this did for me was to create a header above my image that has a clickable url
    I also removed all of the “html .=” code that has the back,next, close and more see my commented code below: im not sure if this was necessary or not..but n my desperate attempt at grasping straws it worked.
    // $html .= ‘<div class=”highslide-caption” id=”‘.$id_link.'”>
    // <a href=”#” onclick=”return hs.previous(this); return false;” class=”control” style=”float:left; display: block”>
    // Previous
    // <br/>
    // <small style=”font-weight: normal; text-transform: none”>left arrow key</small>
    // </a>
    // <a href=”#” onclick=”return hs.next(this); return false;” class=”control”
    // style=”float:left; display: block; text-align: right; margin-left: 50px”>
    // Next
    // <br/>
    // <small style=”font-weight: normal; text-transform: none”>right arrow key</small>
    // </a>
    // <a href=”#” onclick=”alert(hs.getExpander(this).custom.myAlert )” style=”float:left; display: block; text-align: right; margin-left: 70px”>Member: See profile</a>
    // <a href=”#” onclick=”return hs.close(this); return false;” class=”control”>Close</a>
    // <a href=”#” onclick=”return false” class=”highslide-move control”>Move</a>
    // <div style=”clear:both”> </div>
    // </div>’;
    //
    // $html .= ‘</div>’;

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hmmmm3 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum